Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should go on a property management website

Options
  • 07-06-2009 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Somehow I've become more involved with my property management company. Since I'm a geek, I therefore think it should have a website.

What should go on such a website? So far I have the following info in mind:

- Information on the company and property management companies in general.
    - Minutes from previous AGMs. Minutes from Director meetings.
    - Info on the property management agent - contact info, announcements, etc.
    - Info on local public services - county council, library, medical, Garda, FAS, etc.
    - Info on local volunteer and community services - ???

Does anyone else have ideas on what should go on such a site?

Also, links to PMCs with websites would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moving to Accommodation & Property.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'm not sure if the minutes of the meeting would be publishable to the general public would they?

It would be excellent if the income and outgoings of the PMC could be published so residents have easy access etc. If you gave each owner a login to the site and allowed people to vote for things it could be good as well. Rather than having to go to AGM or other meetings, you could propose something and then give people a month to vote on it on the web site.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It's a legal requirement to hold an AGM, and for people to attend and vote.

Your website sounds like a good idea. Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Minutes should never be available to the general public. Owners are entitled to the AGM mins, not sure about Directors meeting mins. But I would be wary of posting minutes online even if password protected.

Why not just set up a page on neighbours.ie and direct all the owners to it. The site lends itself to posting appropriate information.

Advertisement