Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running it twice...three times...?

Options
  • 07-06-2009 4:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

When should you offer it or accept it?

eg. FREINDLY CASH GAME

Flop A-J-2 TURN K,

Long story short I've made the nut straight, lad bets I push for 2-3 times more, he calls.

Before the river he asks "Run it twice?" I quickly decline and an Ace comes filling the chaps house.
    SO should I have taken it?

On the turn I'm 90% fave to win he wants the river out twice, In retrospect I was winning 9 times out of ten so maybe I should have taken it just to even out these anomalies.

And when should I take it/offer it, for coin flips, when I'm behind, against a lad with 13+ outs etc...

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No, don't take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

77.27% -vs- 22.73%

I wouldnt have taken it either imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Nah wouldnt of ran it twice in your situation. Id only do it when hands are 40/60 or closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Long term you'll win and lose the exact same amount of money, just lowers your variance. So if you feel you can't take it if he sucks out, protect yourself by taking it, the price of protection being his extra chance to suck out.

See here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055502345&page=11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Makes no real difference if you take it or not

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

WHat if he takes it in his 80/20 spots and is not given the option in his 20/80 spots? :P

the best way is to just take it that 23% of the time when his going to hit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Tell him to look out the window and take a sneaky look at the river card when hes not looking. You should be able to make a better decision based on this information

well in fairness if you couldnt :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Makes no real difference if you take it or not

Yes it does.

You should pretty much always take the opportunity to run it multiple times if you can beat the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

Thanks Tommy G.

And can majority rule ever at the table over the "in stone" rules?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Tony3004

Donkathon wrote: »
    77.27% -vs- 22.73%

I wouldnt have taken it either imo

LOL at sticking imo on the end of everything . makes no sense in my opinion !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

Get out of my thread!

jk

Advertisement