Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky HD in another room?

Options
  • 07-06-2009 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

Gettiing Sky HD in either this coming or next week, It will be in the living room but I also want to extend the HD signal to another room also. Can you make HDMI cables yourself or must they be bought. The Sky HD will be on one side of the house and the 2nd tv on the other so the length could be 50 or 60 ft easily.

Could I transfer it over Cat-5 or is it possible to buy very long HDMI cables? I also would need a HDMI splitter. Can these be got or do they degrade the signal? I have a normal coax in place already for to control the Magic Eye and remote so no worries there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need 2 x CAT5 cables and an Adaptor.

you need an active (powered) HDMI distribution amplifier to split the signal.

(moving from Sat to Home Ent)

Advertisement