Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damian Brennan Cloone

Options
  • 06-06-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

A great loss to the people of Leitrim
    A man worthy of a much higher stage
    Articulate honest and hard working
    Why oh Why

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Poor vote management perhaps.

Everyone I have met from all sides have said it's a shame, course it is.

But it's also a shame that certain other intelligent, articulate candidates didn't get that last seat-- but hey everyone in the local vote looks after themselves, and rightly so, it's just a shame those same candidates who do get in can't show more vision for their areas and the county.

I've also come to the conclusion that planning issues get certain dudes elected time and time again, and hey if they help you to get planning permission, of course you will vote for them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

is that young damian, the black haired lad , used to wear glases , or have i got names mixed up again, the fella im thinking about is about 25ish,

if so fair play to him for running , i didnt think he was into that sort of thing, hopefully next time he might get his seat, use francie gilmartin as an example, he didnt get in first time around either

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

Damian is around 55 !!
    Hardly wearing the shades at this stage
    Didnt think there was anyone who didnt know him in Leitrim
    Do ye never read the papers even the Observer over in Corderry
    Is Flynns shop and post office still there

ya i know who your on about, i got mixed up with the lad that went to the teck in mohill,

and i know that many people i forget the half of them, flynns is shtill open and corderry is quiet, this weather ,plenty of power showers,

but its the same everywhere the big smoke is at a standstill, and the world didnt stop turning yet, so will he run again for the next election, he will only be 60 and just right for retireing at 65

Its not only Kesh thats quiet
    The whole building economy is at a standstill nationwide
    No work and no money
    Where did it all go
    The bad debt provision is greater than the turnover
    Is ther any sign of a lift in either farming or building both of which are great barometers of the economy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Not everyone in Leitrim would be familiar with Damien Brennan Massey woman! Yeah he is well respected and well known by many, but Leitrim spreads out a lot further than Cloone :)

I still think it's a shame he didn't hold onto the seat. Must be hard on him getting used to not having it.

Hard listening to Tom Mulligan stuttering on the local station this week when one had become used to Damians focused articulate and informed opinions and yes i take your point on Cloone and the greater Leitrim picture but who else is there

break it up the pair of ye,, bloody neighbours fighting, youd swear you were both voting for the same candidate,

francie gilmartin, or paddy o rourke, and enda stenson, forget about the rest they are just in it to either be seen ,or for the expences

its a gimmic, but thats politics ,and not far behind follows corruption, involving solicitors, builders,bankers, its all just a big circle, arent we just lucky thats not stuck right bang in the middle of it,

Advertisement