Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiat adriatik 670 DK

Options
  • 06-06-2009 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Lads,
    Ive been asking a few questions the last few days so thanks for all the advice.
    Anyways im nearly there i think and just want some advice if anyone is familiar with this van or a similar model.
    What im looking @ is a 2002 adriatik 670 DK with 70K on the clock LHD.
    Its in great cndition...one or two small problems that could easily be fixed.
    (damaged blind..bit of cracked plastic on one of the rear lights..a broken drawer in the bathroom..and a few other minor enough things)

Anyway i can get it for 20K which is just over my budget but hopefully i can stretch or maybe get it for less.
    Its identical to this one.
    http://www.blocket.se/vi/21787442.htm

EDIT:
    Less pics on this one but it gives an idea of layout and the seat colours are the same in this one as what im viewing.
    http://www.campersite.nl/kopenhuren/huren/berge.php

Any advice be great :-) ..hoping to make my offer tomorrow.

BTW its 2.8JTD and 6.9M long..its 7 berth!!
    Cheers,
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Nice MH. Identical layout to mine. Different manufacturer though. That's a good price as it is. It just shows how prices have changed recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Thanks..have agreed a price closer to 19K.. should be collecting it tomorrow eve unless someone advises me otherwise.
    Only downpoint i have read is the fuel economy on that particular engine can be as low as 19 MPG if your heavy footed on a van such as this that is not low profile...i expect around 25ish keeping under 100kmh which shouldnt break the bank.

Anyone else advice even on the adria/adriatik range in general be muchio appreciated :-)
    marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Like with any other make, the most important thing is to check for dampness/water ingress.

After the fine weather we've had, you probably won't find any wet patches, but even dried damp will kill your van eventually as rotten wood looses all rigidity even when it dries out again.

Short of using a professional moisture detector, use your thumb and get into every nook and cranny that you can access. Especially near the floor and also inside cabinets / storage spaces. Press your thumb against the inner lining and if it gives, you have problem.

Advertisement