Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL English

Options
  • 06-06-2009 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

how did you all find the paper? i found it really good only problem i ran out of time i missed out on 3 10 markers and the unseen poetry.im really gutted about missing out on these marks as i was banking on a decent enought grade in english.i have a scribe and i feel that where i went down on the time as it took me exta time to think of the right wording to use as i find the words come easier to me when im writing myself.i'm in need of some reassurance if anyone would be kind enough to offer it.the rest of the paper went great and i almost filled the booklet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭StargazerLily

Sounds like you did fine - imagine it must be harder to dictate your exam than to write it.

Was just wondering what came up on the paper - gave a grind to a guy a few weeks ago who was repeating and didn't have all the poetry done but haven't read anything about the paper since....all the fuss over the Higher level Paper 2 has overshadowed the Ord. Level paper. Do you remember what poems came up or what was on for the Comparative?

Does anyone else know what came up on the Ord. Level Paper 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 kevwall

Does anyone else know what came up on the Ord. Level Paper 2?

nah!! dont worry like it is vertually impossible 2 fail ordinary, i did higher and i can bearly spell but i wreckon i got a b ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

Sounds like you did fine - imagine it must be harder to dictate your exam than to write it.

Was just wondering what came up on the paper - gave a grind to a guy a few weeks ago who was repeating and didn't have all the poetry done but haven't read anything about the paper since....all the fuss over the Higher level Paper 2 has overshadowed the Ord. Level paper. Do you remember what poems came up or what was on for the Comparative?
    Thanks that has made me feel a bit better about it.on the comparative theme and social setting came up and the poems were filling station,at grass,on passing the new menin gate and naming my daughter

Great thanks -poetry looks fine and I had just gone over Bishop with him plus the comparative was what he expected.

Best of luck with the rest of them!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement