Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to keep in the right frame of mind when not studying

Options
  • 06-06-2009 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to be doing when you are not studying so as to keep yourself in the right frame of mind?
    haha you looked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

mikeglee wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what to be doing when you are not studying so as to keep yourself in the right frame of mind?
    haha you looked

Personally its just to relax totally, lie on the couch and watch tv wihtout thinking much at all. Anything that doesnt require major amounts of effort basically!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

i sleep....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

facebook and stuff, cause you can chat to your friends and you dont feel like you're being shut away from every one, i think anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭carefulnow99

yeah i have to say im a new user to boards.ie since like the other night....i find it quite relaxing to have a browse been honest. even sleepin and watchin tv is good

anyone else find der parents been really understandin and like layin off them over the exams?mine are.. and mine are normally like all blah blah blah blah even though der lookin out 4 me all the time ha

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

myn is actually getting stricter:(
    im getting alot more "c'mon christina, go study" or ":eek: Are you not in bed yet??"
    where as before im left to do my own thing!

my friends are all getting it though, with their mums getting up to make them a "proper breakfast" and packing them healthy lunches and making them random cups of tea and all of that!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭carefulnow99

mines the same now like im gettin a smoothie in the mornings...a smoothie would you belive haha. my ma makin dem and she does normally lie in the days she aint workin so fair play to her shes tryin to look after me haha oh but i did get told off for cramin the other night
    "will you go to bed look what ever happens happens just get a good nights sleep" ha it was only half 12 so...:confused:

p.s sorry christina spelt ur name wrong nd cant edit it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Every morning my mom cooks me a fry up. Perfect way to go into an exam with the attitude you're gonna nail it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Erdinger, although carlsberg works too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Have a sleep, lie on the couch or my personal favourite which I'm off to do is frequent in 6 bottles of Moosehead.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Gav you sly dog! I'm sure my method is better, Don't study, if it's important it will stick in your head :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

Oh yeah, Don't watch hundreds of Top Gear re-runs either. It just messes with your head man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 movingsheepdip

i suggest heading to longstanton spice museum

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

mines the same now like im gettin a smoothie in the mornings...a smoothie would you belive haha. my ma makin dem and she does normally lie in the days she aint workin so fair play to her shes tryin to look after me haha oh but i did get told off for cramin the other night
    "will you go to bed look what ever happens happens just get a good nights sleep" ha it was only half 12 so...:confused:

p.s sorry christina spelt ur name wrong nd cant edit it

haha no worries:P
    Parents, they dont understand the whole crammin thing! The smoothie thing however... bless your mammy:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

When not studying, don't think about it!!

Relax whatever way works for you.

Good idea to get some air / exercise though, even if it's only a brisk 20 minute walk, it will help you sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 DUDE!

I find reading really relaxing, it wont end after half an hour like tv, but its hard to put down though sometimes!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Shut the LC out completely and do fun stuff.

Advertisement