Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bichon - freckles

Options
  • 06-06-2009 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice. I was washing my bichon this afternoon (after he rolled in pooh!) and noticed that he has freckles on his skin.

I am assuming that they have been there a while, but as the groomer usually washes them and you can't see his skin due to coat, I haven't noticed them.

I am hoping someone else has experienced this,

Thanks in advance
    Cutie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

Hi

Iv been grooming for about a year now and one of our most popular dogs is the bijon, the frekkles are quiet normal, i have seen them on them a few times, noting to worry about.

but if the patches start to get darker or flaky it could be a skin problem..

im sure if your groomer thought there was a problem they would tell you..

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Hi i have a bichon puppy

She has a good few black spots on her, i presume these are the frekkles you are talking about?
    She has a few on her nose too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 leanne923

My bichion has the same thing, there quite small on her tummy but on her body when shes wet there really big were always saying we think shes half dalmation!!! (joking!!!) A friend told me these only appear when they've been neutered....clearly a myth as you have a boy!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 schtajjn

The dark "freckles" on the Bichons skin are pigment patches. This is completely normal, and some reckons that the more they have, the better. As Bichons should (according to breed standard) have a black nose, dark eyes, etc the more pigment they have, the closer their pigmentation is to the breedstandard. Some Bichons also have dark/black nails rather than white ones.

Advertisement