Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three pin plug sockets in camper van? How does that work?

Options
  • 06-06-2009 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Just saw an ad for a vw camper which said it has three pin plugs throughout.

I'm sure this is a complete novices question but how do you power 3 pin sockets in a van?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

When your on mains hookup?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

or if you plug into a generator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Is there such a thing as a 3 pin 12v plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

No,not so far as I know,your camper should have three pin sockets (or two pin) plus a few 12 volt sockets as well,at least mine does and most I've looked at are the same.........................:) b

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

boyoh wrote: »
    No,not so far as I know,your camper should have three pin sockets (or two pin) plus a few 12 volt sockets as well,at least mine does and most I've looked at are the same.........................:) b

Mine has only 220v 2 pin sockets and no 12v sockets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

If the van has an inverter fitted, it can upscale the leisure battery from 12V DC to 240 V AC - so works like normal mains, mind you it eats the battery power.

My van has an inverter and mains hook up, so I have separate 3 pin sockets for the two systems. Originally they were 2 pin sockets, but I just replaced them as I was fed up trying to get the square peg into the round hole in the dark:rolleyes:

Advertisement