Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this normal in a Bichon frise?

Options
  • 06-06-2009 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a problem I'm having. A few weeks ago, I bought an 8 week old female bichon frise from a reputable breeder in Ireland. The dog is now 12 weeks old. She's a beautiful puppy and I'm very happy with her.

However in the past week, I have noticed that one of ears is floppy, dropped, flat to her face - as it should be - but her other ear is not. Her left ear sticks out, there is no other way of explaining it! One floppy, drooping or dropped ear and one that sticks out from her head? Is this normal?

I paid alot of money for the dog, more than one would normally pay for a bichon frise. I rang the breeder and although it says on her website that the bichon's ears should be 'drooping', she was not very willing to discuss the issue and got quite defensive. I'm not trying to say that I was done out of money or fooled into thinking this was a purebred, but I want to know how common this is in bichon frises and also if I am right in thinking that it is an unacceptable defect? After all I did pay 550 euros for her.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hey

My bichon is nearly two and I have noticed that quiet often he folds one ear back and the other droops.

Is it stuck out all the time?

Could you post a pic so we could have a look at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

Why would you say you paid more for the dog than you normally would.

That is not overly expensive for a Bichon. Also a reputable breeder does not drop their prices to make a quick return (fast buck)

She should be willing to discuss your concerns if she is a rep breeder. But I would hazard a guess in saying, if you did not ask for a show dog, or pay the price of a show dog you got a standard pup and sometimes these things happen.

Advertisement