Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Miller's new e-book for beating small stakes NL.

Options
  • 06-06-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this was posted already. Just wondering has anybody purchased it yet? It is at a discounted price of $39 but will be $99 soon enough. Apparently the main focus is on beating 200nl 6max. Been hearing very good things so gonna check it out.

http://smallstakesnolimitholdem.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on this myself. Ed Miller is a brill coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

heard about this book. Would be interested to hear from anyone who's read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Actually the book has only been available since 2nd June so I think it will take a little longer before reviews come out. I didn't realize it was only just made available. I'm gonna go ahead and take him for his word and order it. It's pretty reasonably priced too and you can ship the monies via ftp or moneybookers which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

The book's not being released until the 16th so you're not going to get any reviews before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Just ordered. A very good deal to get $60 off. It's not actually available to download till the 16th though.

I thought NLHT&P was arse, but I read it when it came out so it's possible I'd get more out of it now than I did then. I didn't read the Mehta/Flynn 2+2 SS books, but I think the reception to it was luke warm, although I think the SPR stuff was pretty new. I think those boys have fallen out with 2+2 big time.

Anyway, my hope is this book will show Miller has advanced since NLHTP and that Flynn/Mehta have replicated the best stuff from their 2+2 books so that the overall package is the net of what the 3 boys have learned about writing poker books in the last few years. That's what I'd expect anyway so I think there's a good chance this book will be very good.

Thanks to OP here for the heads-up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Small Change

Bump....

Last day for pre-order price on this in case anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Its available for download now btw (not sure personally what its like yet - 300 pages)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

Read about 50 pages today and i am impressed so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

not sure if ur allowed to this so if ur not mods please delete this. but does anyone wanna go halves on tnhis book (it is a recession after all :( )

not sure if ur allowed to this so if ur not mods please delete this. but does anyone wanna go halves on tnhis book (it is a recession after all )

Seriously you could have snapped this up for $39.95 a couple of days ago?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I know if only I'd have bloody saw this thread a few days ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

miju wrote: »
    I know if only I'd have bloody saw this thread a few days ago :(

Sell you mine for 80 :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Only flicked through, but not terribly impressed that in a couple of places they say things like, "if you want to know about ranges, see PNL1". Well that's not much bloody use! Anyway, maybe it won't matter much when I actually read the whole thing.

Only flicked through, but not terribly impressed that in a couple of places they say things like, "if you want to know about ranges, see PNL1". Well that's not much bloody use! Anyway, maybe it won't matter much when I actually read the whole thing.

Yeah wasn't impressed with references to other materials. There is some good stuff in there and i wouldn't be happy if large masses of micro and small stakes players implemented some of the stuff suggested into their game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

Has anyone managed to successfully remove the password needed to open the file?

What a nuisance that password is, I mean what's the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Small Change

Has anyone managed to successfully remove the password needed to open the file?

What a nuisance that password is, I mean what's the point?

It is a nuisance.
    I renamed the file with the password string, which makes it a bit easier as the name (password) is referenced in the password box

Very impressed with the content so far though, about 1/3 of the way through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

I renamed the file with the password string, which makes it a bit easier as the name (password) is referenced in the password box

Nice one. Give this man a prize. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Er what I found was strange is you can copy and paste it into other documents, usually they stop that (and no I wasn't trying to sell it!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 IrishToffees

Only after seeing this now, does anyone honestly reckon the $99 is worth it???

Only after seeing this now, does anyone honestly reckon the $99 is worth it???

Only half way through and i would say for anyone playing SSNL 6max or full ring its worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement