Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calvin

• 06-06-2009 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

I quite like that last Calvin Harris track 'I'm not alone' - it sounds tough but still radio friendly ... and huge on the dance floor.

Do any of yez know how he makes his tracks ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Quite like this one myself, its something "different" :)

As for his tunes, I'd say most likely a high end version of Fruity Loops or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

DarkJager wrote: »

As for his tunes, I'd say most likely a high end version of Fruity Loops or something similar.

Do you know this? Or are you guessing?

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Do you know this? Or are you guessing?

Well considering the new tune is pretty much trance, I can say from personal experience that you could create something identical to it in something like Fruity Loops XXL.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Well considering the new tune is pretty much trance, I can say from personal experience that you could create something identical to it in something like Fruity Loops XXL.

Interesting. Fruity Loops is a PC only thing isn't it?

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Interesting. Fruity Loops is a PC only thing isn't it?

http://flstudio.image-line.com/

There's a free trial on there for a Mac or PC if you want to check it out. Don't think its the XXL version but it should give you a good overview of the software.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

Google "Calvin Harris"+equipment:

RS: When you're in the studio what equipment do you work on?
    Calvin Harris: I've recently upgraded everything so I'm working on, predominantly, a Mac playing Logic, along with tons of other stuff.

Calvin Harris: I guess it's a mixture between the fact that I was listening to a lot of Prince and David Bowie albums at the time, and a lot of the equipment that I use is very old. A lot of the synthesizers sound like they're from the 80s, so I guess it was just using old equipment and trying to put it in a modern context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

splitrmx wrote: »
    Google "Calvin Harris"+equipment:

RS: When you're in the studio what equipment do you work on?
    Calvin Harris: I've recently upgraded everything so I'm working on, predominantly, a Mac playing Logic, along with tons of other stuff.

Calvin Harris: I guess it's a mixture between the fact that I was listening to a lot of Prince and David Bowie albums at the time, and a lot of the equipment that I use is very old. A lot of the synthesizers sound like they're from the 80s, so I guess it was just using old equipment and trying to put it in a modern context.

Who would have thought? Mature Cheddar!!

He has to be knowledgeable enough as he's worked with Kylie on her album. Highly doubt he was going up to her with FL under his arm. Her Team would expect lots of expensive equipment & bling.

Have you heard that Coke ad he did ?

Advertisement