Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd Venue Request

Options
  • 05-06-2009 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Don't really have a clue where to post this really but as it has something to do with clubbing I'll post it here. I'm looking for a venue preferably in Dublin city centre that will let me hire for the a club night.

The odd part is though I don't want it to be a bar or a place that serves alcohol, I want it to be a cheap night out for my friends where we can bring are own booze or I can supply cans or something.

I've been trying for a while to look for something like this, so I'm just looking for any advice on the issue. All posts greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Don't really have a clue where to post this really but as it has something to do with clubbing I'll post it here. I'm looking for a venue preferably in Dublin city centre that will let me hire for the a club night.

The odd part is though I don't want it to be a bar or a place that serves alcohol, I want it to be a cheap night out for my friends where we can bring are own booze or I can supply cans or something.

I've been trying for a while to look for something like this, so I'm just looking for any advice on the issue. All posts greatly appreciated.

What you're looking for is something called a flat.

but seriously, because of the licensing laws you'll find it really difficult to get a room where you can bring your own drink coz I'm pretty sure that the venue still needs a licence as alcohol is being consumed.
    Last year there was a story about an illeagle shebeen (unlicensed Pub) in limerick being run out of a lads house and the guards raided it and shut it down.
    Myself and two mates got a 3 bedroom house after we finished college and every weekend without fail the decks were set up in the livingroom and we'd have a gang back from whatever club we got into. We'd spend all day sunday cleaning up coz the Landlord came on a monday but it was great to have all of our mates over at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

There's a place called the Seomra Spraoi off Mountjoy Square, might the the type of place you're looking for. It's some kind of community/social type place, played a gig there a while ago and everyone had their own cans. Wouldn't be the biggest of places, but it'd be enough for what you're looking for I'd say. http://www.seomraspraoi.org:8080/Plone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 johntraveler

Cheers for the advice, I never saw seomrai spraoi in my searches, but I'm actually looking to put on a for profit kind of thing, whereby people can just spend €10 say and drink their own booze in a nightclub atmosphere. I remember being in a place in Germany where it only cost €15 in and free drinks all night. Now that probably isn't possible but I think we all deserve a cheap night on the razz like the Europeans do it.

As for the flat idea I was thinking about renting a house off Leeson street and getting some sort of permission to hold a shindig. I understand there is problems with licencing but I can't find much information on that subject, whats the problem with letting people drink indoors anyways.

Also might need insurance and all that.

I did find a place near Christchurch that doesn't have a bar licence but as a result they allow you to supply your own drink, it was for weddings and the like. When I told them my idea though they said the floor was 600 years old and so a club night would be a bit too much.

Advertisement