Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moved over to dublin but whats the best way to meet new people and make new friends!?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hey everyone

i recently moved to dublin from london and i must say im enjoying it so far :), but one problem i have is that i moved over without knowing anyone over here! been trying to go out and get talking to people but nothing seems to be working :( so i was hoping does anyone like have any experience of this or know what i should do please help! haha

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Go to the AH beers.

Also go to the Dub forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055394174&page=137
    Head into these guys tonite:P you will have a gay old time for sure:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 O'TOOLE79

quit TAKIN UR JABS :P

oh wait your english its ok:rolleyes:

nah just joking, eh yeah dublin you'd think would be more personal, but its not, people behave as if they live in paris or london not some 2 bit city in the backarse of europe. come to cork or move to galway, as soon as i finish up with my job here i'm going back down home yes both are small cities but the people behave like they are, not the cringey 'cosmipolitan' style you get in dubland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

Cork? where's that;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

O'TOOLE79 wrote: »
    come to cork or move to galway, as soon as i finish up with my job here i'm going back down home yes both are small cities but the people behave like they are, not the cringey 'cosmipolitan' style you get in dubland.

Stop trolling the OP, Cork and Galway aren't cities.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Go to Phoenix park with a coloured hanky sticking out your back pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Wow ....have you come to the right place !!

Let me just start out with a few of the basics, the rest you can learn as you go.

1) don't come here and think you can take our jobs

2) don't come here and think that you can 'roid our wimmin'

3) yore ma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Go to Phoenix park with a coloured hanky sticking out your back pocket

See; you already have an offer of a date! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Print yourself up a t-shirt with WILL PAY FOR FRIENDSHIP

PS Don't suppose you like spiders

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

Sign up to www.couchsurfing.com and join the dublin forum. Its a super way to meet people in new cities. Couchsurfing is an online community around the world to faciliate people backpacking around. This idea is that you can provide your couch to a traveller for free. And then you can do the same when you go travelling. But its so much more than that. There's a large community in dublin made up of both local and foreign residents as well as people passing through. They often organise events such as a monthly drinking session, monthly acoustic music nights out, hillwalking and loads of other stuff too.

Just post a thread saying you'd like to go for a drink. I went along to a meetup like this before and 30 people showed up!! People are generally really friendly and like meeting new people.

Also, on boards.ie you'll probably get a better response on the dublin forum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

moved over to dublin but whats the best way to meet new people and make new friends!?
    What would you suggest if someone moved from Dublin to London?
    Do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Robster, I've made a copy of your thread in the Dublin City forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055584405
    This really isn't the place to ask about Dublin because all the country folk get riled up and start waving their pitchforks and arguing about whether or not Kilkenny is a bigger and better city that Galway (it is and none of those Galwegians can correct me on that because I've locked this thread. Ha!)

Nehaxak, stop screwing around with the tags.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement