Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate of pay for Superintendents

Options
  • 05-06-2009 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

Only got a call a few days before the exams started from my local school to be a superintendent for a pupil who required an individual centre. I am basically supervising this one student. Im fairly sure i get payed by the school who in turn get reimbursed by the Department. However i am struggling to find anywhere on the net the rate of pay for Superintendents

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭roxychix

say around 700 euro! dont quote me on that though:) i did it the last couple of years in the special centres with one student mainly leaving cert but doing it for junior cert student now so have to see what i get at the start of july usually:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I think it's €107 per day. Or it might be €117, I can't remember I'm not doing it this year. It's paid per day not per exam, regardless of whether the student has one or two exams in a day or whether they leave after half an hour or stay until the very end of both. Usually you would get the money in July. The rate is the same whether you are supervising/reading/scribing. You'll get a form at some stage during the exams to fill in the days you supervised. You get paid for supervision regardless if the student turns up for the exam or not. If there is a person appointed as exam aide in the school (running around sorting out stuff for the exam centres each morning) they'll probably get the form for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Thats great, thank you for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Just one more question, because of all the happenings over English Paper 2, what happens there. Are supervisors payed for the original day and the Saturday??

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

its 117 no expenses, interesting will be the rate for sat last, will it be an ordinary days pay or will it be extra

• Advertisement
Advertisement