Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History Thread

Options
  • 05-06-2009 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Has no thread :O
    Anyway, what are you learning for it?

Also for the European, if there's a question like "Discuss a painting with a theme of BLAH or a BLAH in it etc etc" can I use an artist not on the course? Because I know one artist like the back of my hand but she's not on the syllabus?

Anyway I'm covering Stone Age, Bronze Age , and Iros Age in case they ask for comparisons/contrasts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

I'm not sure about answering on stuff not on the course. I'm gonna go over La Tene, Botticelli, Giotto, Michaelangelo, Da vinci. Learn about an exhibit (or if it comes to the worse, make one up on the day).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

**** im dreading this, I hate anything to do with Histroy as I can never really remember it. Hope its like the mocks though, that wa good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Part 1
    Iron Age, Bronze, Stone age.

Part 2
    European art, no idea?

Part 3
    Francis Bacon Hugh Lane exhibition

Any help for Part 2 something that's bound to come up in some shape or form?

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    Any help for Part 2 something that's bound to come up in some shape or form?

I think Botticelli, Da Vinci, Michaelangelo (painting or sculpture) might come up, maybe Giotto also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Irish Art
    Newgrange, Bronze Age

European Art
    Renoir
    Monet
    Degas
    Romanesque/Gothic

Appreciation of Art
    Hugh Lane Gallery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

rhapsody! wrote: »
    Has no thread :O
    Anyway, what are you learning for it?

Also for the European, if there's a question like "Discuss a painting with a theme of BLAH or a BLAH in it etc etc" can I use an artist not on the course? Because I know one artist like the back of my hand but she's not on the
    syllabus?

Anyway I'm covering Stone Age, Bronze Age , and Iros Age in case they ask for comparisons/contrasts.

I'd say just use the artist you know! the art course is so incredibly broad I doubt the examiner would even know! Have a look at the past marking schemes on examinations.ie to see if it says anything about specific artists for those sort of questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

- Bronze Age, maybe Crosses, Newgrange, maybe another age, Boticelli, Caravaggio
    - Impressionism with Manet, Monet and Degas in particular, Arnolfini, Romanesque & Gothic, maybe Georgian (though I don't know it too well)
    - Exhibition/gallery with National Gallery in mind, Francis Bacon and Jack B. Yeats...

Well that's a rough idea of what I'm studying/studied for it so far...

I hate my teacher for completely ignoring 20th century european art ):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I'm finding it so hard to cram for art history.. the only book in the entire country for leaving cert art history is less stress more success and it's absolutely CRAP!!

Think if I cover Dali, Picasso, Bronze Age, Iron and Stone Ages, that I'll be safe enough? xD

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

BLARG wrote: »
    I hate my teacher for completely ignoring 20th century european art ):
    me too i wanted so badly to learn about dali!

• Advertisement
Advertisement