Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole Waiting Times

Options
  • 05-06-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how long the wait is in Limerick City from the time of application to first dole payment? I've read up on other areas of the country and waiting times seem to vary a lot. Can't find anything to do with Limerick though..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Bagmagnet wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how long the wait is in Limerick City from the time of application to first dole payment? I've read up on other areas of the country and waiting times seem to vary a lot. Can't find anything to do with Limerick though..
    Simple as this, download the form, fill it out, have all the correct documents with you on the day. Queue from 8am, go through the door, run to the left hand side corner, pick up a queue ticket. Should information be all correct and concise you will be out by 9.45 - 10 at the latest.

Forms:
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/jajbapplications.aspx

Checklist:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/References/checklists/cim_checklist.2006-11-16.2727226008

So basically you are looking at 2hrs max if you plan it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 E.L

It is 2-3 months on average but will be backdated , in the meantime if you have nothing to live onget yourself down to the roxtown clinic and apply for emergency allowance. This will later be taken back out of your backdated payments. give roxtown a ring first before you go down 061417622

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Bagmagnet

E.L wrote: »
    It is 2-3 months on average but will be backdated , in the meantime if you have nothing to live onget yourself down to the roxtown clinic and apply for emergency allowance. This will later be taken back out of your backdated payments. give roxtown a ring first before you go down 061417622

Thanks, I'll look into the emergency allowance in the meantime.

Is there anyone waiting for payment at the moment? How long have you been waiting?

Or does anyone know of someone who got it sooner than 2/3 months since huge numbers of people started applying?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

There's approx 3500 waiting to be paid in Limerick, think they are on claims made in February/start of march at the moment - 10-12 weeks waiting approximately.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Signed on May 19th job seekers allowance took 6 weeks got 1st payment last week saying that ex work mates are still waiting. Dole office told me it could take up to 12 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

i went in on friday, at half 2..just to see if im eligible..waited 2 and a half hours just to talk to the lady, i filled out all these forms etc..have to bring in a few things this week..have an interview in the middle of august so i probably wont even get payed till september like..such a joke!

Advertisement