Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moonlighting Taxi Drivers

Options
  • 05-06-2009 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

I recently became aware that a taxi driver I know, is working a second job during the day.
    I questioned the legality of it and he said that while he knows it's illegal, loads of taxi drivers do it.

I was shocked. Speechless.

I couldn't believe it when he said loads of taxi drivers do it.

Has anyone else ever heard of this going on?

Should I report him?
    danteXXI wrote: »
    Sorry, forgot to mention that he is not paying tax on the second job.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 a.nonymus

Should I report him?
    No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Is it illegal? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Dante

Who gives a fúck, honestly.....I fail to see how you would be speechless over it. Pretty normal tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Terrontress

If you took on a part time job, should you be reported. What job is this lad doing? As long as he's not a cop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

I thought the idea at one point was to encourage workers to become part-time taxi drivers? You have the Garda reservists working part-time too (ok, unpaid officially but with expenses). I didn't know there was a problem with this.

Unless he's either not declared for tax on either the day job or the taxi-ing? But even then, it isn't the work which is illegal, it would be the non-payment of tax?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭danteXXI

Sorry, forgot to mention that he is not paying tax on the second job.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't see how this is a transport issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Victor wrote: »
    I don't see how this is a transport issue.

I would imagine its as much a transport issue as the rest of the bull**** Taxi threads that are started on a weekly basis.

Just a suggestion but what about having one constant thread for those who wish to ask ??s about taxis or for those who just wish to have a pop at the drivers here. It would keep all the s**t to one thread, stop pointless threads and may make it all easier to moderate??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭danteXXI

Sorry mods, I did look but I couldn't find a more appropriatly titled forum.

Feel free to move if it suits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

IIMII wrote: »
    Is it illegal? :confused:

Not a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement