Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How quickly can i get Insurance?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Been looking @ a few vans and have a few more to look @ the next few days so im getting close to making my purchase.

Should i find a suitable van and its "up the country" is it a simple case of making a phone call to get insurance cover to drive home...or is there a whole rigmorole with faxes and mother maiden name etc etc!

From what i can see Dolmen and AXA seem to be the main providers?

Just wondering if there is anything i could be doing in the next few days to help speed up the process once it happens...ie do i need to be a member of a motorhome club or something like that?
    Cheers,
    Martin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

You dont need to join a club to get insurance. You can get it from dolmen. It depends on the van, you may need an engineers report and some photos if its a conversion.
    Im sure if you ring them they could sort out something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

You should ring Dolmen. As far as I remember I had to post all the original forms to them (can't remember if the cover was effective befoe they received them).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Cheers lads,
    It wont be a conversion(havent seen any to be honest)
    Ill give Dolmen a call.
    Cheers,
    Marty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Laducar

You can call them with the details of the van , then u have about a month to send in the payment, engineers report etc. Fairly relaxed if there's any delay

Advertisement