Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nose bleeds like no tomorrow now?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Has anyone else been getting nose bleeds like no tomorrow during leaving cert time? I haven't had one in about 3 years, and now ive got 2 really bad ones. :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's common enough at times of nervous stress, nothing to get worried about. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ramey wrote: »
    Has anyone else been getting nose bleeds like no tomorrow during leaving cert time? I haven't had one in about 3 years, and now ive got 2 really bad ones. :pac:

You picked a bad time to start picking your nose. :)

But yeah, it seems common enough. A couple of people during my LC got very bad nose bleeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Oh my god, yeah!! I've been getting them like crazy the past 2 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Take iron tablets, or Multi Vits with iron in them. It can help some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

No but Ive been getting severe case of the butterflies....angry,vomiting butterflies.... *shudder*
    Pinch the bridge of your nose and tip your head back when you get real bad ones.When I was a kid i got this real bad nosebleed because of a similar situation(a test that made me super nervous)and i didnt know that you are supposed to slow the flow of blood.I just let it flow into a tissue(i was about 7)and my teacher freaked out coz the blood that was comin out was really dark and i was turnin VERY white!Nowaday whenever i get a nosebleed i feel really woozy for the simple reason bein that it reminds me of the epic one i had years ago.
    Bring plenty of tissues in with you to exams,and takin iron IS a good idea but for some people it can cause crampy tummys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I don't get nose bleeds, but i couldn't sleep very well last night so I felt really sick this morning and ended up getting sick before the maths exam when I should have been studying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Piste wrote: »
    I don't get nose bleeds, but i couldn't sleep very well last night so I felt really sick this morning and ended up getting sick before the maths exam when I should have been studying :(

Aw poor Piste! At least it wasn't during the exam?
    I have the same problem, havn't slept properly since wednesday night, and I constantly feel sick!
    Havn't actually been sick yet, but I probably would if I was doing Higher level maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

That's harsh man, but seriously, dont try studying the morning of exams!.

I promise you'll be better off spending that time sleeping, or even just relaxing (i know,easier said than done!).

Be confident in yourself. Sounds like you're doing a lot of work, but dont do silly things like studying in the morning, or staying up late to cram. That's a recipe for crashing :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

That's awful Piste.

I didn't know nose bleeds could be stress related. I got one during a french listening class once. That wasn't nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

*Hug*
    I got sick after English 1,haven't had any nosebleeds or anything though. I'm sleeping like crap my head is constantly pounding, but that just happens whenever I catch a sniff of stress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone else suffering severe lonliness from staying in studying all the time... Its beginning to get to me so much I stayed up till my sister and her mates flew in from london last night and talked to them till 3 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I got a small nosebleed on the way home. Didn't really notice because I was tired from lack of sleep.

Being the kind fellow that I am, I gave my brother my water bottle for the exam because he forgot his. 'twas good craic coming out feeling a bit dehydrated as well as needing to piss at the same time. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Dont tilt you head back if you get a nosebleed, you're only running all the blood back into your head, might even go back down your throat. Get some tissue, go to the loo, and let it run itself out

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

I got it on Wednesday night, two hours after I find out about English exam :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Hopefully won't, I had one or two in the JC, got some blood on my maths paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

ya a guy got one in our room today just before maths

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Oh my god, yeah!! I've been getting them like crazy the past 2 months!

Sorry for throwing this completely off topic but did you get your username from a Brand New song?

Sorry. Couldn't help that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

That_Guy wrote: »
    Sorry for throwing this completely off topic but did you get your username from a Brand New song?

He/She probably did.

OR!

He/She is bizarrely passionate about devices that use magnets to wipe hard drives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Could be hayfever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Aw yay thanks for the sympathy guys :) I don't think anything I missed out onstudying actually came up in maths at least- phew!

I'll definitely be sleping as much as possible and not getting up at ungodly hours (well 7...) to cram!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I've had 2 nose bleeds today since I got up.

Itsdue to my hayfever. Always get them bout this time of year. Blood vessels in my hinker are gettin battered with all my nose blowing (hard) and sneezing, yaaaaaaaaaacheeeewwww!!

Oh well, least it's sunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 U MAD

Pro Tip: Rub some Vaseline on the inside your nose it prevents your nose from bleeding by preventing moisture loss

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

No, but I have been getting a lot of weird dreams.

Advertisement