Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

plugins sticky(freeware)

• 05-06-2009 2:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

would like to see a plugins sticky in the forum for freeware synths,effects,samples etc that could be updated regularly.

id like to see two of them.one for mac and one for pc.
    very annoying when you follow a link to find its not mac compatibale

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

How about an overall resources sticky? We'll do up a few pre-stickies to speed up the process like the labels one I have up. Say 3 stickies max

Irish Artists/Labels
    Software Sticky
    Tutorials/FAQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

jimi_t wrote: »
    How about an overall resources sticky? We'll do up a few pre-stickies to speed up the process like the labels one I have up. Say 3 stickies max

Irish Artists/Labels
    Software Sticky
    Tutorials/FAQ
    yep sounds good man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

yeah, less stickies the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Resources (can have both labels/links and software/plugs under this? - plus i wouldn't limit the labels/artists to just irish as there are many nationalities that use the forum)

Then Tutorials - as that's going to be a monster thread i'll try to keep it tidy / condense and add images - please send content via pm and i'll host them.

?
    :)

seannash wrote: »
    would like to see a plugins sticky in the forum for freeware synths,effects,samples etc that could be updated regularly.

id like to see two of them.one for mac and one for pc.
    very annoying when you follow a link to find its not mac compatibale

Yep, I will keep that in mind when tidying the thread to put a [MAC] or [PC] tag next to links.

• Advertisement

Neurojazz wrote: »
    ... plus i wouldn't limit the labels/artists to just irish as there are many nationalities that use the forum)

Vast majority of users are either Irish or currently based in Ireland - there's umpteen amounts of information and lists of French/German/UK labels out there, so I figured our first call of duty was to support and draw attention to the Irish scene - up to the community though!

(eventually I'll have a large list of labels compiled by genre and artist to throw up on the sticky, but I'm still all in favour of segregating the Irish stuff)

Fair shout, good point.

The KVR top5 are usually good

Ugo Rez
    dBlue Glitch
    Green Oak Crystal
    Ugo Texture
    rgc:audio Triangle II

The SSL listen-mic compressor for anyone who hasn't got it already
    SSL LMC-1 (Reg Required)

Audiodamage (GREAT commercial plugs)
    Rough Rider
    Pulse Modulator
    FuzzPlus 2.2

http://www.tweakbench.com/ Have 20+ plugs up. Tiny and very worthwhile mellotron emulation, as well as some great 8-bit VSTi's and other oddities

Advertisement