Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Viewing

Options
  • 04-06-2009 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

This is not really a conspiracy, but I thought the regulars here might find a topic like this pretty interesting.

Introduction: Remote viewing is a mental faculty that allows a perceiver (a "viewer") to describe or give details about a target that is inaccessible to normal senses due to distance, time, or shielding.

For example, a viewer might be asked to describe a location on the other side of the world, which he or she has never visited; or a viewer might describe an event that happened long ago; or describe an object sealed in a container or locked in a room; or perhaps even describe a person or an activity; all without being told anything about the target -- not even its name or designation.

My own thoughts on this:
    I got interested when I read a book about a CIA Project called Star gate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project

I only got back into this type of research again as I came across a few interesting links online.When I read the book about stargate, we didn't have Internet in Ireland - which wasn't all that long ago :)

Have you guys read anything about this, as it's a fascinating subject.
    Obviously you won't hear much about this in the public domain for various reasons, as the governments and power brokers want to keep people dumb and less emphatic towards one-another.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well there's a million quid in it for anyone who can prove they have this ability under scientific controls.

Not one person has ever been able to do so.

I know a couple of magicians who could replicate that exact feat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Do you have an interest in this subject?

Do you have an interest in this subject?
    Yep read up a good bit on the subject.
    But found nothing fantastic about the claims.

There's still a ton of people going about claiming they can do it and offering classes on it even here in Ireland.

Not exactly what I'd call being suppressed.

Thats interesting.I don't know many people who have read about this particular subject, so thats pretty cool you read about it yourself.I'm not hear to defend remote viewing,but you mentioned something interesting, Scientific controls- what controls would they be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

This is not really a conspiracy
    I think there is a conspiracy in this.
    Was'nt Uri Geller involved in the CIA remote viewing programme !

• Advertisement

Thats interesting.I don't know many people who have read about this particular subject, so thats pretty cool you read about it yourself.I'm not hear to defend remote viewing,but you mentioned something interesting, Scientific controls- what controls would they be?

A simple double blinded test would work well for remote viewing. It would be one of the easiest Paranormal abilities to test.
    There was a test done by the James Randi Educational Foundation a while back I'll see if I can find it.

I'm sorry but the topic remote viewing is not a conspiracy.If you would like to argue that be my guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

There was a parapyschology university dept. which explored these questions. All the results were inconclusive and the methods used to arrive at them were in some cases questionable. I posted a thread on something similar about the US military currently funding research into telepathic comms through computer tech.

Tbh unless you show me a module in the brain which functions for such a purpose then I don't think such an ability exists. It would be comparable to telekenesis in this respect. However if you posit the idea that the universe is holographic then such an ability could exist but this depends on accepting such a wild notion based on very little evidence.

espinolman wrote: »
    I think there is a conspiracy in this.
    Was'nt Uri Geller involved in the CIA remote viewing programme !

He wasn't involved in the actual study but was tested by the same guys who ran it.

kingmob wrote:
    A simple double blinded test would work well for remote viewing. It would be one of the easiest Paranormal abilities to test.
    There was a test done by the James Randi Educational Foundation a while back I'll see if I can find it.
    Would like to hear more about this.
    There was a parapyschology university dept. which explored these questions. All the results were inconclusive and the methods used to arrive at them were in some cases questionable. I posted a thread on something similar about the US military currently funding research into telepathic comms through computer tech.

Tbh unless you show me a module in the brain which functions for such a purpose then I don't think such an ability exists. It would be comparable to telekenesis in this respect. However if you posit the idea that the universe is holographic then such an ability could exist but this depends on accepting such a wild notion based on very little evidence.

I wouldn't be suprised by that at all. They spend billions on such projects every year.Up untill 2007-08 science left out something like 90% of the brain and thought it wasn't used for anything.

I don't think you can measure everything with science.

• Advertisement

Where did remote viewing originate ?

Is google not working tonight? As far as i remember russia.

Obviously you won't hear much about this in the public domain for various reasons, as the governments and power brokers want to keep people dumb and less emphatic towards one-another.

I agree , this is true , they want to keep people dumb and less emphatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

This is not really a conspiracy.

You're right ... its not.

Moved to paranormal Forum.

Actually we had guys at the Dublin Paranormal Convention last year give a talk about it. It was very well received.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I got interested in this when I saw

The men Who stared at Goats

very interestin docco about that and a fair whack of other fairly out there concepts researched by the US military,

I'm fairly sure I saw another interweb docco about remote viewing somewhere that showed compelling evidence, however anecdotal, of this in action.

Introduction: Remote viewing is a mental faculty that allows a perceiver (a "viewer") to describe or give details about a target that is inaccessible to normal senses due to distance, time, or shielding..

I was just thinking today how would you remote view , well if you had a telescope or binoculars you could view something remotely , a satellite , come to think of it you would be remotely viewing things by watching television , and do you know you can do it with mobile phones , yea you can stream a video image through a mobile phone so you would be seeing something remotely through your mobile phone .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

OP: you could google Ingo Swann, his site is very interesting.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingo_Swann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

didnt the pentagon invest millions in training people to remote view so they could get info on various secrets ect.
    i have faith in this practice,have read a bit about it and have had stuff happen me where i could describe my mates house in england down to a tee,this happened while i slept,maybe more obe perhaps.but i think the whole remote viewing deserves some credibility.i came across an american site,purely americanised to SAY THE LEAST,THEY wanted money to train people to do this,blah blah,but reading some of their claims was interesting.it is a skill,no doubt,one that takes practice.

karynp wrote: »
    i came across an american site,purely americanised to SAY THE LEAST,THEY wanted money to train people to do this,blah blah,but reading some of their claims was interesting.it is a skill,no doubt,one that takes practice.

No its not a skill , it is very easy to do , anyone can do it , people do it all the time , it is totally natural , why would you give some-one money to learn to do something which every-one can do naturally anyway .

People do it all the time and it is so natural that they don't even realize they are doing it .

Advertisement