Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Poker Industry

Options
  • 04-06-2009 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭

Any one know where I can get facts and figures of the on-line poker industry? Relating to Irish companies would be preferred, but a source of any industry figures would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Any one know where I can get facts and figures of the on-line poker industry? Relating to Irish companies would be preferred, but a source of any industry figures would be appreciated.
    Thanks

www.pokerscout.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Thanks Paul, thats pretty helpful.

Do you know where I could get a number of players for each individual network on Ipoker on information on monetary figures with online poker?

Also is there any regulatory body for poker in Ireland?

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Thanks Paul, thats pretty helpful.

Do you know where I could get a number of players for each individual network on Ipoker on information on monetary figures with online poker?

Also is there any regulatory body for poker in Ireland?

Thanks again

Impossible to get a number of players for each individual network on Ipoker or monetary figures.

I am unaware of any regulatory body for poker in Ireland, would be a good idea though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Impossible to get a number of players for each individual network on Ipoker or monetary figures.

I am unaware of any regulatory body for poker in Ireland, would be a good idea though.

In theory a fantastic idea but in practice it would be utterly useless, what power could such a body exercise over a company based in Antigua, Malta or Costa Rica etc....sweet fa unfortunately.

If however you operated as an Irish licensing authority in the same manner of the Khanwakakakakaka gaming commission, that could be fruitful...

However you need a good reason for companies to base their servers in Ireland, I don't think you could compete with the likes of the Mohawks....I imagine they have amassed a formidable war chest at this stage and probably the clout to accompany it.

Their relaxed attitude to regulation is probably appealing to many companies...take the UB/AP scandal, who wouldn't want a regulatory body who let you cheat and steal and get away with it with what barely amounts to a slap on the wrist.

Advertisement