Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer and Cider in Tesco

Options
  • 04-06-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

8x500ml Bulmers PLUS 8x500ml Budweiser 24euro
    Koppaberg Pear 500ml bottles , 2 bottles for 4euro.
    They also have pampers nappies and nives suncream half price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It's actually any Bulmers, Bud, Guinness, Carlsberg, Heineken 8 packs that are included in the two 8 packs for €24. Offer on till Monday.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

If you're getting Bulmers it works out as 0.05 cent cheaper to buy the 12 for 17.49 option :pac:

(I am bored).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

This was valid till 29-06-09 but it has been extended in the new 'relaunched' stores till 21st July.(Its in Finglas and Blanch so probably in Jervis, Santry, Artane, Clarehall as well)

Didn't notice Bulmers been included though.

Also 4 pack of Beamish cans now for €5.84, usually €6.49. Great value for stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

any idea whats different in the "new" relaunched stores? i passed by parnell street this afternoon & saw a red ribbon across the door and a TV camera, didn't see anything different about the store when I peeked in.

pretty girls in blue were giving away free lollipops to passerbys though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

A lot of brands have changed and you'll see head office guys strolling around checking everything

But if prices have dropped then I haven't seen it!
    Not of the 20 plus items I usually buy, price is still the same

Good bargain OP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

tintar wrote: »
    any idea whats different in the "new" relaunched stores? i passed by parnell street this afternoon & saw a red ribbon across the door and a TV camera, didn't see anything different about the store when I peeked in.

lop_center_img.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭marknoonan1974

I was in one today and they seem to have done a very good job of hiding the cheaper prices. A very very very good job. More free advertising by claiming they are setting off a price war.

Davy wrote: »
    lop_center_img.jpg

They seem to have forgotten the items that they have increased the price of on that list....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Here' my first impressions http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60936735&postcount=423

Some prices are still the same just like my morning cereal Alpen :mad:

Also, the offer on O'Hara's stout appears to have ended along with the great offer on Erdinger.

Sworn i saw a new(?) offer of 2euro per 500ml bottle on Kopparberg, anyone else confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭xxlilyxx

I was in the tesco on parnell st today and the camera crew were askin people about buyin irish products and would it make a difference to their choice on products if they weren't irish. So i think the change is that they've brought more irish products into the stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I spent the last 3 nights setting up the health and beauty in Clearwater.

There are some major reduction and some prices that have't budged. The range is probably 40% different, the new items are def alot cheaper and when they are beside the brand you usually buy you can't help considering them.

Baby SMA stuff is nearly half price,
    Garnier skin care is nearly all half price,
    400ml bottles of shampoo are only 50c more than the 250ml bottles, H&S, L'oreal etc.

Some sections are so different it's like being in a supermarket on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

The Gillette mach 3 razor blades stand out to me on that list
    They are over €6 cheaper, happy days;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

gurramok wrote: »
    Here' my first impressions http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60936735&postcount=423

Some prices are still the same just like my morning cereal Alpen :mad:

Also, the offer on O'Hara's stout appears to have ended along with the great offer on Erdinger.

Sworn i saw a new(?) offer of 2euro per 500ml bottle on Kopparberg, anyone else confirm?
    Kopparberg 2 500ml bottles for 4euro so two euro each.

Regarding the price cuts, its a start anyway and if consumers keep searching for best value and are prepared to switch brands then prices will keep falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

xxlilyxx wrote: »
    I was in the tesco on parnell st today and the camera crew were askin people about buyin irish products and would it make a difference to their choice on products if they weren't irish. So i think the change is that they've brought more irish products into the stores.

No they're actually reducing the number of Irish products available by making the shops more like the UK shops, for example when this was first mentioned in the papers it was mentioned that barrys tea wouldn't be in the revamped shops, not sure if that happened but it's worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

all i noticed in the carlow store is they have brought in smaller pack sizes but it seemed the price has stayed much the same when pack size is taken into account. but when you see daz or ariel at half the normal price you dont look at pack sizes you just jump at the "bargain"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

dereko1969 wrote: »
    No they're actually reducing the number of Irish products available by making the shops more like the UK shops, for example when this was first mentioned in the papers it was mentioned that barrys tea wouldn't be in the revamped shops, not sure if that happened but it's worrying.
    What tesco have claimed is that it's only non-Irish products affected. So barry's tea will still be there and still be Irish. The difference is in international products, the distribution centers in Ireland sell them for one price, the distribution centers in the UK often sell them for less, so now Tesco are sourcing their international branded goods from the UK centers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,299 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Koppaberg Pear 500ml bottles

They also have pampers nappies half price.

Pear cider and nappies go hand in hand :D

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Pera cider and nappies go hand in hand :D

Yeah, will def need nappies after drinking a load of that...lol

Advertisement