Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Politics

Options
  • 04-06-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭

Easy really, I was banned from Politics Forum by Scofflaw, for posts about Sinn Fein, on a thread relating to Sinn Fein, because as he put it I was being "inflammatory" and trolling. :mad:

The level of moderating on this site has plummeted tbh, too many on power trips who will ban people without warning for simply giving their opinion on a political party, in a political forum. Nevermind all the literally hundreds of posts slating Fianna Fail, going back for months. However I never once saw a post describing FF as corrupt, useless etc being described as inflammatory or trolling. Or posts about any other party for that matter.

Where has the impartiality and independence of the Moderators gone?? :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Link?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60540250&postcount=111

There was a clear marker set down in the last week or so, because every thread involving Northern Ireland or Sinn Féin descends inevitably into a spiral of abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

prinz wrote: »
    Easy really, I was banned from Politics Forum by Scofflaw, for posts about Sinn Fein, on a thread relating to Sinn Fein, because as he put it I was being "inflammatory" and trolling. :mad:

The level of moderating on this site has plummeted tbh, too many on power trips who will ban people without warning for simply giving their opinion on a political party, in a political forum. Nevermind all the literally hundreds of posts slating Fianna Fail, going back for months. However I never once saw a post describing FF as corrupt, useless etc being described as inflammatory or trolling. Or posts about any other party for that matter.

Where has the impartiality and independence of the Moderators gone?? :confused:

There is a very practical difference between describing FF as corrupt and describing Sinn Fein as a bunch of murdering thugs. The first will not start yet another Nordie flame war, and the second will. Many of your posts are quite simply flamebait for SF posters, and I'm sure you're well aware of it too.

Nor can you claim that you weren't warned, because I specifically pointed out to you that what you were doing was unacceptable. I didn't mind the flippant reply you gave, but I do mind that you went on baiting SF posters after being politely warned not to.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I didn't say SF were a bunch of murdering thugs, what I did say was they were apologists for same.

And second post which actually incurred the ban was a link to a newspaper article which I had no hand in (a) the subject matter or (b) the reporting of same thing.

If someone comes on to the politics forum, says the forum has influenced their vote, and then goes on to describe said party as the whiter-than-white economic genii come to save us all then surely a little common sense reply is not out of the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

prinz wrote: »
    I didn't say SF were a bunch of murdering thugs, what I did say was they were apologists for same.

And second post which actually incurred the ban was a link to a newspaper article which I had no hand in (a) the subject matter or (b) the reporting of same thing.

If someone comes on to the politics forum, says the forum has influenced their vote, and then goes on to describe said party as the whiter-than-white economic genii come to save us all then surely a little common sense reply is not out of the question?

That would depend on the poster's record. Are they regularly inflammatory in respect of certain subjects? Have they been asked to desist? The answers here are "yes" and "yes" - respectively.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
Advertisement