Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This a good camper @ a good price?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Just sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Looks very cheap at first glance ...almost in scam territory

Then again, there could be genuine reasons for the good price.

Is it a good van? Well ...that's for you to find out. Is it mechanically sound, what's the mileage, is the living area structure watertight and dry or half rotten, is the interior in good condition or is it ex rental and every hinge and knob has been ripped off, does all the equipment work as it should, does the layout suit your needs, are the fabrics in one piece or are they ripped or in such a horrid colour that everything has to be replaced, are the cushions still in shape, etc etc etc

Lots of things to check before you part with your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Absolutely no comment on this vehicle in particular, but it reminds me of the time when we were looking for our own van a few years back. We saw one we were interested in and headed down Wexford way (can't remember exactly where) to have a look.

The ad said something like 'contact John on 087-xxx-yyyy'. When we rang the number someone called Brian answered. He covered himself reasonably well, so we were happy enough to believe that he really had borrowed Johns phone.

When we turned up to look at the van on Sunday morning (parked on a street, beside a park, not outside a house) it all looked good. It still had German export plates. John (or was it Brian) explained that he had gone to Germany, bought it and when he got home the missus said it was too small so he was selling it and getting a bigger one. Oh, really . . . ? This was stretching it a little. Like your missus is going to let the little matter of spending 20K (early tiger days when 20K was still a lot of money) go without at least a little supervision or approval . . . uh-huh.

When I was looking around the inside I came across the vehicle papers stuffed under the luton mattress, but when I looked more closely they were actually for a different vehicle. John/Brian/Seamus had a story for that one too but at this stage we had enough and decided that while it might be a good vehicle there were just too many oddnesses about it that we would pass.

I would have had no problem buying from someone who declared himself to be a dealer importing from Germany and re-selling, but to make out he was just some Joe (or Paddy, or was it Brendan ?) who had to sell on quickly was just a little too much.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

martyc5674 wrote: »
    RHD...just been cleared so will have irish plates and tax as of tomorrow...sound a bit too good value...no snipers please!!

http://www.autotrader.ie/search/Citroen/Relay-Motorhome-2.2-Td-Hdi/200923193009427/advert?channel=LEISURE

If thats the real price of that MH and it's genuine I would buy it straight away. Did you investigate further into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

i didnt..im going to leave it as ive found a good van locally(see my other thread "Fiat adriatik 670 and please advise me if you can...supposed to be picking it up tomorrow!!)

Feel free to investigate the citroen..its in drogheda.
    Marty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

i didnt..im going to leave it as ive found a good van locally(see my other thread "Fiat adriatik 670 and please advise me if you can...supposed to be picking it up tomorrow!!)

Feel free to investigate the citroen..its in drogheda.
    Marty.

Cheers. I'm ok for a MH at the moment. Could be a bargain for somebody though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

*Kol* wrote: »
    Cheers. I'm ok for a MH at the moment. Could be a bargain for somebody though.

had a look at this it has some slight damage to the leftside/rear does not look to bad ,not for me but could be a cheap m/h for somebody

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

had a look at this it has some slight damage to the leftside/rear does not look to bad ,not for me but could be a cheap m/h for somebody

He mentioned that damage to me...said it was just plastic around the light.
    what was the inside like??
    Marty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

He mentioned that damage to me...said it was just plastic around the light.
    what was the inside like??
    Marty

all looked in order inside lost interest when i seen the damage ,i would not want to but any body off having a look i just wanted some thing that was ready to go,like you a got one near me i will put up a post looking for comments before i collect

Advertisement