Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IBA Commander

• 04-06-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this? - http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=104888.html

Lots of reading there, lots!

I just seen the guy pass my house in a mock military jeep, full of "hardy lookin" boys

I'd love to know what they get up to.. I live in the same village as he does and where IBA's headquarters are

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Thats old news my man, do please keep up! :D
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=124516.html

And here is where they generally take the piss out of him.
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=119995/start=0.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Walt-Finder

perhaps mr shortt is planning a military coop

:eek:

Re-enactment crowd for the 6th tomorrow maybe.....is He going to walty about? Would love to meet him in all his finery..... According to his IBA calender he was here for a BG class in Castle bellendingham....is he still taking money off of unsuspecting clients/customers/victims?

Seems although he has been outed as a total walt hes still peddling his wares, check out ARRSE guys its all there photographic evidence as well as info from some of the guys hes worked with/for/ or on! Cupid stunt.

As most of you know tomorrow is the 6th June, sixty five years since the Normandy landings, I'm sure there are many here or who visit these and other military forums who have relations who were there or who had some hand in the Liberation, this fraud has taken the liberty of displaying so called earned medals of valour but some of them seem to have come from the WWII!!!:eek:
    figure that one out folks...Shortt you are a ARRSE and a total walting c**T.:mad:

Apologies for the rant, but this guy really winds my spring, explanation by PM to Mods if required.

im sure the man is mad.
    all those medals and stuff makes no sense for a normal man.
    does the priest have an opinion on the paypal knight - it would be nice to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Does anyone know what sort of blokes IBA employ?

Are they ex-military or what

I ask because as bat-**** crazy this guy is and however much he deserves to be outed for being a lying moron, him losing credibility could mean others lose their jobs

Just a thought

• Advertisement

the man trades bull**** based on a bucket of lies.
    claims of extensive military experience when he has absolutly none
    the sh1t about papal knight and baron and all the stupid shop medals

there are a lot of good guys out there who thought this twat was real deal
    they paid for certificites that mean nothing in the real world
    they wont lose jobs because that paper wont ever get them one
    they just got robbed by a liar and a cheat and a fraud
    short justs rips off money for a sh1t peice of peper that has no meaning

the only losers are the guys are running this scam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

You'd be surprised by the numbers of people that do and not just here, there are more of them overseas. As a matter of fact is there anything this guy hasn't done?

lets see, http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/List_of_James_Shortt's_Dubious_Claims

My My.........his very own Wiki fcuk he must be the nuts. Lives here in Ireland as well and nobody knows him! bit weird that having a super ninja turtle and general trendsetter and DG in the world of high/low profile BG and no one here has heard of him??

Ex monk, ex nurse, ex para, ex them, Baron? Papal Knight? Is it just me of is there a movie in all this. Surely the Vatican have NOT heard of this guy. Also if he lives here, and he runs the IBA(International blah blah) from here but spends all his time out of the country does he pay taxes? or does he do a bono and enjoy that privilage as well.

This is of course, all just pure speculation. Do I have this all wrong?

His house (headquarters) went on fire during the night..
    Gardaí and the Fire Brigade are at the scene of an overnight fire at Castle Cosy in Castlebellingham, Co Louth.

Gardaí say extensive damage was caused to the house by the fire.

An Army bomb disposal team had earlier been called in as a precaution due to safety concerns over items which may have been in the house when the fire broke out.

It is understood the owner of the house may be a collector of military artifacts.

However the team has now left the scene while officers have also taken away a number of items for further examination.

Gardaí said two men who were at the scene were not in the house at the time of the fire, but came across it and tried to extinguish it before raising the alarm.

The two men - both aged 30 - were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

Around 25 fire fighters were called to assist in extinguishing the blaze.

Three pump ladders, an aerial platform and a water tanker were used by the fire brigade.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0107/louth.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

If the house was 'Baron' Shorttarse's, surely he would have got the Almighty to arrange a sudden downpour to put out the flames, him being a 'Papal knight'. and all that?

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭alanmcqueen

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Maoltuile

iceage wrote: »
    Ex monk, ex nurse, ex para, ex them, Baron? Papal Knight? Is it just me of is there a movie in all this.

The question is, who to get to play him. Is yer man who played Baldrick free?

Maoltuile wrote: »
    The question is, who to get to play him. Is yer man who played Baldrick free?

Sorry, Tony Robinson is waaaaay too tall to play 'Baron' Shorttarse. The poor man is that weighed down by all his honours and awards he must walk like Quasimodo.

tac

I guess Gardaí and the Fire Brigade will investigate professionally. There may be more to the story, or it may just be a sad case of burned belongings and incinerated Papal certificates.

I guess Gardaí and the Fire Brigade will investigate professionally. There may be more to the story, or it may just be a sad case of burned belongings and incinerated Papal certificates.

LOL - "I had the paperwork to prove it all, you bastards, but it was unfortunately completely destroyed in this fire".

Maoltuile wrote: »
    LOL - "I had the paperwork to prove it all, you bastards, but it was unfortunately completely destroyed in this fire".

Sad that, isn't it. Still, surely Jim will find a way to re-create all those signatures. If he can only remember which Pope it was that knighted him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Are we sure this wasn't a failed black op to eliminate him by one of his former employers? The Swiss Guard perhaps? The Baron may know too much!:pac: Sure he is working on the spin as we speak.

Are we sure this wasn't a failed black op to eliminate him by one of his former employers? The Swiss Guard perhaps? The Baron may know too much!:pac: Sure he is working on the spin as we speak.

So, it was European aristocrat Ninjas wot dunnit?

That information certainly ought to make the job of the fire investigator easier, but is it likely to be covered on the Baron's house insurance policy?

My guess is that the 'Black Knight Assassins' of the Legion of Mary are behind it. And almost everybody else on the planet...You'll see from the photo how keen the firefighters are to get to grips with the blaze.

The man himself is as popular as a fart in an elevator with the majority of right-thinking folks, and a shame and blight on the landscape of Ireland.

My own opinion is that it couldn't have happened to a more-deserving person.

And if you are reading this, Mr Gob****e Shortt, please blow it out of your ass.

tac

I assume the Irish Media have lost interest in the story now? At least, until the full investigations have been completed and Mr Shortt has explained what it was that was a "viable device".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

perhaps mr shortt is planning a military coop

:eek:

its baron shortt not mr.

Here's a picture of him in finer times

dckheadshortt7.jpeg

Here's a picture of him in finer times

dckheadshortt7.jpeg

What a dickhead.

Just the beahviour that the Vatican looks for in its Papal Knights.

Must have had the 'knight' off, eh?

tac

Fuinseog wrote: »
    its baron shortt not mr.

Ay, that's what HE says.

Presumably that's baron spelled T-O-T-A-L G-O-B-S-H-I-T-E?

tac, singularly unimpressed by Mr Shortt

PS - and BTW, how the h&ll do you pronounce 'Shortt'? Is it 'Short-t, or what?

Shortt as in Short-arse tac.

That excitement seems to have expired!

"Today's news is tomorrow's fish and chips wrapper".

Waiting for any developments from those who get the local news.

If anyone has been wondering about what this looper has been up to lately..

http://www.smh.com.au/national/trained-by-a-baron-and-backed-by-bambi-now-west-papua-freedom-fighter-faces-jail-20121206-2ayc7.html

Turns out he's been trying to overthrow the Indonesian government.

The fcuker might be nuts but he leads a far more exciting life than meself =p

Glad to see Jimbo is keeping busy... New line of work I see training potential terrorists.

Pinged on Arsse some time ago.
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/waltenkommando/191294-james-shortt-overthrowing-indonisian-authorities.html

Advertisement