Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laytown playground - reopening this weekend

Options
  • 04-06-2009 2:47pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd give the heads up to anybody else who has been wondering when it is reopening. I was onto the local office and its meant to be reopening this weekend, its just a pity that rain is forecast for Saturday and Sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

About time too. I dont know how they thought they were going to seed the grass while the playgroud was open to the public?

They had signs up. Do not walk on the grass!
    Its a pity young children cannot read:confused:

The playground should never have been opened until it was fully completed.

Rant over!

:o

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Quality wrote: »
    About time too. I dont know how they thought they were going to seed the grass while the playgroud was open to the public?

They had signs up. Do not walk on the grass!
    Its a pity young children cannot read:confused:

The playground should never have been opened until it was fully completed.

Rant over!

:o

Spot on, they put so much effort into the facility itself, how they hoped the grass would grow when open is beyond me. I was down there this afternoon and it was packed to the rafters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

It was well overdue and it is fabulous for the community.

From what I heard there was a playground on that site previously, but it was dismantled, because of the amount of the claims and accidents on it. I hope that the playground is appreciated by all the public and that the council make sure that it is kept in good nick and that it is policed at night and doesnt become a magnet for bored teens and antisocial behaviour.

I believe there may be plans for another playground area along the coast as well? Have you heard anything on this?

I am also looking forward to the development of the lands up in seafields (across the river from the playground). The pitches for colmcilles, emu and the new scouts den. Hopefully the council can hand over the land quickly and the work can start on the development of the land. Adequate lighting and security.!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well i remember hearing last year that there was money available for another one, but it would come after Laytown, Duleek and Slane playgrounds came online. I doubt that another one will materialise however, based on the current times etc.

Advertisement