Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarsfieldroad roundabout pedestrian bridge

Options
  • 04-06-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Okay, so I started cycling over the Sarsfieldroad roundabout pedestrian bridge.
    This bridge is divided into a red and a black (normal tarmac) lane.
    Now, I always thought that the red lane is for cyclists but there is no description or sign that would say so.

Pedestrians just use both lanes so I guess they don't know either, or don't care.

Anyway, today a got yelled at by a little old lady saying that the black lane is for cyclists. So now I need to know. Is there some unwritten rule passed on in the DNA of Corkonians that says the normal lane is for cyclists? Or is there a valid reason.

Question two:
    If anybody knows someone who is into grafitti, could he or she get someone to draw a little bicycle on one of the lanes? It would be greatly appreciated.

A little pedestrian man on the other lane would score extra points.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Call the County Hall or speak to your local politician.

It's a fair point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

There used to be a bike painted on to the start of one of the lanes when it opened first years ago. Guess it is after wearing off.

Can't remember which one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I would have assumed the red path to be the cycle lane, this would be consistent with the cycle lanes along parts of the roads in the city/suburbs from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Red path's are ALWAYS cycle lane's. Consistancy is key in rules of the road. They are always cycle paths whether there is a Marking or not.

And yes, I remember when it was opened, I would have been young, but on the foot of the red lane there was a Marking for Bikes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

last month there still was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

castie wrote: »

So that settles it, I haven't been on that bridge in 6 years come to think of it!!! Wow, must really go and "hock a doogie" off it soon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

Red path's are ALWAYS cycle lane's. Consistancy is key in rules of the road. They are always cycle paths whether there is a Marking or not.

And yes, I remember when it was opened, I would have been young, but on the foot of the red lane there was a Marking for Bikes.

It makes much more sense that the red path is the cycle lane. I just wanted to check before I start yelling at people.
    castie wrote: »
    Are you sure?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Had to get my windscreen replaced at autoglass and went for a walk over the bridge and towards bishopstown. remember seeing one marked alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Advertisement