Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of our campsites is missing - Galway.

Options
  • 04-06-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone can remind me of the name of a campsite I visited in Galway a few years back. I remember at the time that it wasn't listed in any of the guidebooks we had and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

The name Blacksod or Black<something> Bay comes to mind but doesn't seem to show up anywhere. From recollection it was somewhere between Clare & Galway city - right on the beach, behind big dunes.

Does this ring any bells with anyone ?

z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

There are some dunes by Traught beach.

Are you sure it wasn't Fanore?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

I seem to recall a campsite up around Blacksod which was featured in the "Bord Failte" directory many years ago, (1980's). The reason I remember it was because there were so few coastal sites between Westport and Galway in those days.
    i cannot find any mention of the site in current publications.

Advertisement