Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neotbook / Noetbook for Excel 2007?

Options
  • 04-06-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I want more performance than a netbook, smaller than a notebook.

I've googled for reviews and I found
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/computers/?p=693
    May 19th, 2009 Living with a netbook: The performance penalty
    "On most tests, the netbooks took more than twice as long as the dv6-1030us and dv3z to complete the same calculations."

The netbooks are fairly poor on VBA but close enough on pivottable performance

Can anyone comment on their experience of working with multi-sheet, say more than 10MB file size, Excel 2007 spreadsheets, with VBA, on a netbook?

Thanks,
    Patrick

Budget: 1000 euro inc. VAT, more if a good argument for it.

Intended use: Excel 2007 and VBA development. No gaming, no video editing.

Mobility: less than 1.5Kg

Warranty: 1 year or more

Screen: 10 to 12 inches, resolution more than 1024x768

RAM: 2Gb or more

Optical: Builtin would be nice but will accept a separate USB-connected CD/DVD RW device which could be carried in main luggage.

Connectivity: LAN and Wifi of course; 3G nice to have but external O2 USB modem is only 50 euro more.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

With a grand to mess with you could easily get an ultramobile 12" laptop that would be fairly powerful.

Advertisement