Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering dog

Options
  • 04-06-2009 8:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi guys need some help, I have a dog in pup and the moment and i am trying to register her, but the lady i bought her off has since left the country. And i need her signiture. What should i do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

AFAIK the breeder has to sign the registry papers, in order for you to change ownership.
    Is there any way of getting in contact with her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭superfear

No, she moved to Oz not long after i bought her. and i never had any intentions of breeding her, but she is such a class dog that i dont want to buy another one. Id rather take pups from her

Well you need to have the names of the parents of your dog on the papers and have the official breeder sign it. I don't know another way around it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Why didnt you get the papers at the time?

You cannot register the pups unless you are the registered owner of the dog and both sire and dam must be registered.

Have you had her health tested if you are going to breed from her? What breed is she as she might need to be hip scored and other tests done before breeding.

I have both parents and they are registered, and shes a springer and yes i have had all done.
    As to why i didn't do this before, simply because i didn't think it would be such a necessity

• Advertisement

Are you registered owner of the parents though?

my dogs parents NO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No i think they mean are you the registered owner of your own dogs, which would be the parents of the pups.

aye - that's what I meant.
    If you're registered owner of the 'parents' then you can register the pup?
    If you're not then only the registered owner can sign the transfer papers.

Advertisement