Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bungee Goldeneye 220m

Options
  • 04-06-2009 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭

Anyone done it or know someone that has?

Trying to get a gang of ous to do it in July.I have bungee'd a few times, 2 around 70 metres in Holland and one just under 100m in England, but they are nothing compared to Goldeneye :pac:

Would like some tips on where is the best place to stay, whats the nightlife and of course the bungee itself etc :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

You bungee lads are bleedin' mental. :p

I'd love to try something like this, but at the same time, i'd be bricking it!
    100m/ps
    That's some speed to be traveling with out a engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

yeah i'd love to do it to, where's the best place in ireland to do it? i.e. the biggest!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

roguey wrote: »
    yeah i'd love to do it to, where's the best place in ireland to do it? i.e. the biggest!:D

Bungee ireland go to most of the colleges during the year, dont know what height they are, I think around 50 metres.Only one I know of that is on fixed platform available through the year in the south, is the one in the Killary adventure centre near Galway, but its pretty small only 30 metres or so.

It really needs to be over 60m, as once the rope straigthens out the sensatation is gone.At 60 metres you are only falling maybe 1 sec or 1.5 before the rope straightens a bit and in that first sec as you leave the leave the platform you think you are going to die :D That feeling is crazy and you really need it to be a bit longer to get really scared/pumped up.

I would love to do this one ( 233m, over concete ), but its too far away

Goldeneye will have to do :)

Someone has surely been?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Holy jesus :eek: I didnt think they get that big..

thats what she said
    :pac:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Dont know anyone that has done it but I was trying to get a few friends to go. Its not that far from Bergamo Airport which Ryanair fly into. And while you are there you could go to Innsbruck which has a 192m jump. They are not that far apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Going on saturday, will let you know what it was like.I will post a video too, well as long as I dont look that scared:D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

so how was it?

any tips/advice for doing it?

Advertisement