Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to feed 8 week old labador puppy?

Options
  • 04-06-2009 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

I just got a labrador puppy and he is on Royal Canin for labradors. I have a 3kg bag and on the side of the bag there's a feeding guide which i cannot make out atall!! Can anyone help? It's the same guide thats at the bottom of this page!! Is it just me or is it really difficult to understand? When i take out as much food as i think he should be having it just seems like a hell of a lot of food for a little puppy!!!
    Any help appreciated!:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

Your dog will be roughly around 35kg when fully grown so follow down the 35 column. So right now you should be feeding 255grams a day over a 3-4 small meals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Thank you!! God that seems fairly straight forward now!! I did feed him 80grams this morning, I measured it on the kitchen weighing scales instead of the cup that came with the bag! I think that's what threw me off, on the cup there's measurements for a yorkshire terrior, poodle and dauchund all with different measurements up the side! It's wierd because for instance 150g is at different points on the cup with different dogs!! I was unsure what I was supposed to actually do with the cup! :confused: Think I should stick to the scales!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Did you get a royal canin cup with the food? it should measure out the correct amount for you then you divide that into 4 feeds for the day as he should be getting 4 feeds as a 2 month old pup.

I think the differnent places on the cup is because some kibble is bigger than others so would measure out differently on the cup (but i could be wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Yeah the cup came with the food but it only has a yorkshire terrior, poodle and dauchund on the cup even though the food is for a labrador!
    I would say your right about the kibble being a different size, that would explain why the markings are in different places! Maybe the wrong cup was in the bag!! :confused:

Advertisement