Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought An iPhone 3g on ebay and only just thought of this now...

Options
  • 04-06-2009 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

So I'm in Ireland and I bought an Irish iPhone locked to o2.

Was just thinking now, I was going to go to an o2 shop and get a pay as you go sim for the phone (will be porting from Vodafone).

1. can I use any o2 sim or will the phone only let the original sim work in it.
    2. will they actually let me do this in store?

I know, I know...I should have asked these questions before I bought it. I just thought since I was going to put an o2 sim in it anyway it would be ok.

It just dawned on me that Im dealing with the iPhone though and things are not always straight forward.oops.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

As long as it's an Irish phone any O2 sim will work perfect, Bill or PAYG! They will do this in store for you no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

As long as it's an Irish phone any O2 sim will work perfect, Bill or PAYG!

Oh thank god for that...phew!:o

I don't know, something just got into my head late last night telling me I should have checked that before hand.

I was looking at unlocked ones and they are going for silly money. I mean used 8gb factory or legally unlocked ones going for nearly €500 is insane.

I didn't want to deal with software unlocked or turbo sim.

Finally this one came up 2 week old and Irish. I thought hell it wont be a hassle to change to o2 and the advantage is if ever I have any problems I can just go to an Apple or o2 shop and I wont have anything to worry about since its an Irish iPhone.

Plus it was almost €150 cheaper than a new speakeasy iPhone from o2.

There was no point in me waiting for the new one (if there is gonna be one) because it will still be too expensive.

I'll get that one later.:D

Advertisement