Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone mms problem

Options
  • 04-06-2009 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I currently use SwirlyMMS on my iPhone 3g with o2. It works fine on all sending & receiving except on receiving from meteor numbers.

Does anybody have any similar probs with the iPhone or any other phone with receiving mms's from meteor numbers on o2?

cheers
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I'm using the MMS on the 3.0 beta and it's perfect from Meteor! Not too sure bout swirly but I would imagine that it's causing the problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CivilEx

OP what version of Swirly are you using? (hit the "i" button on the opening screen and it's on the bottom left)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

big_moe wrote: »
    Same version...no problems though as you reported. 3.0 software should be out though within the week, so you'll be able to send / receive then using the iPhone's own MMS App

yeah hopefully they'll launch 3.0 soon enough!

would you mind comparing my settings with yours?

MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    Proxy: 62.40.32.40:8080

APN: internet
    Username: <blank>
    Passowrd: <blank>

image size: medium
    UserAgent: iPhone

when i tap to fetch the message it just says "fetching Message" and with "Connecting to proxy 62.40.32.40:8080" on regular mms the bar fills up blue when it downloads but not with the meteor mms.

it eventually then says "connection time out"

cheers
    adam

• Advertisement

The settings look the same as mine. When you run the settings wizard, you get 5 options depending if you are pre or post pay etc. Why don't you try a different set and if that works?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Anyone else getting the error below. I tried all the settings and all give me the same error message,

I tried with the SIM in another phone and worked for sending and receiving MMS.

72492578.th.gif

Any ideas?

i had that at the start of this saga!! so i just rang o2 with my sim in a different phone and got them to "activate" mms on my account (even though i could already send them from other phones)

adam

Advertisement