Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

specsavers- inconsistency between branches

Options
  • 03-06-2009 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

I just moved to galway from dublin and so went into the galway specsavers with my prescription, asked could I get a 6 month supply of contact lenses, to find that they were then handing me different lenses and different solution..
    I queried it with the girl and she said it was the same thing- I had to request that she confirm with the Specsavers branch in Dublin. Sat and waited, 20 mins later she told me that they don't stock or sell the solution that I was using, but that their one was fine (now that was odd to me, since I was specifically told by the optician in Dublin never to use any other solutions!).
    Secondly- the lenses weren't the same kind either.

I would have expected there to be consistency with Specsavers. Yes they are franchised out, but I'm moving from Specsavers as a result because of the lack of information- just shoving lenses at me and saying their solution was fine or I could try find the other solution in a chemist!

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

what soloution and lenses do you use?
    Is it the orange boxed soloution?

I have never experienced such a situation, if we dont have the lenses we offer to order them. would never pass on other lenses if they havn been fitted or worn before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Twas Synergy solution- -didn't get an offer for it to be ordered. It's preservative free and I had been recommended it since I had irritation/dry eye..
    Vision Express had it in stock. From what I could see, the SpecSavers branch in Galway is all about SpecSavers brand in a big way.

To be honest, the customer service in SpecSavers is crap compared to Vision Express. I moved to VE and can't fault them. Vision Express give you a replacement for any lens broken for free! And no hassles getting barrels for your lens' from them- The SpecSavers in Dub tried to charge me for these once!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

In the branch I work in we stock synergy soloution, and if a customer used it previously we would order it on for them or if that didnt suit advise them where they could get it.

You get your lense cases with the soloution, with synergy you get 3 flat ones afaik, if you prefer using the barrel, we would simply just give you 3 of those instead.

However for a replacement, there is a charge, but majority of the time we just give them foc as they buy lenses from us.

Also with regards to broken/damaged lenses, we dont charge to replace them.
    They are sent off to be analysed so the manufacturer can note the problem and we would replace the lense for the customer.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

well by broken/damaged I mean if you were to scratch it by accident, or lose it etc. - not damaged when they were bought -I wouldn't say there'd be a cause to send them back to manufacturers too often?! :D

I didn't know about another branch of Specsavers in Galway- the one I was in is in the Eyre Sq. Shopping Centre.

Advertisement