Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow restaurant

Options
  • 03-06-2009 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reasonable restaurant in mallow. there will be a large booking so somewhere that can take 15 people or more.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Would a Chinese restaurant suit you? If so, then go to Jumbo. Imo it is the nicest Chinese restaurant in Mallow.

If you'd rather a "normal" restaurant, I've heard that both Essink and The Bayleaf are nice but expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

Chinese is a no go. Has anyone been to ruffles?any other suggestions are welcome

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

Ruffles, was its old name and way better than the current one. The best restaurant in Mallow bar none is the Indian restaurant at the top of the town across the street from paddy powers, it is sensational, fricken amazing and down right good value. A word of warning don't go in to hungry as they take there time in preparing their food, which is always worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

Indian is top notch but last time I went in with a group of 14 we were all plastered by the time the main courses came... they do take ages to serve.. look after take away orders first..

Essink is a great restaurant and have a €19.95 deal for 3 courses in the evening. Menu is a little limited but I've always enjoyed any meal I've had there.

The Gallery is great as well if you're looking for a more relaxed night, although I'd stick to steaks, burgers etc and away from the pizzas.

Welcome is the best chinese imo...

cool thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

lilminx wrote: »
    Welcome is the best chinese imo...

I think the Welcome is the nicest in terms of ambiance/atmosphere.
    But foodwise, Jumob can't be beaten imo!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Any feedback good/bad on the new Italian place near the old mart, Uncle Joes(?)

Manach wrote: »
    Any feedback good/bad on the new Italian place near the old mart, Uncle Joes(?)

Its good but the portions are to small as are the plates, but its good. The Indian is the winner by one hundred miles though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

Jesus thats a bad review alright, i have eaten there twice and to be fair i loved it, but im no food critic!

• Advertisement

yeah was searching for restaurant reviews online and well that review put me off.
    As did my friends not enjoying the food there. The menu looked expensive for simple food.

I went to the Indian restaurant it was very nice,the pasanda was good.
    I would like to try the Thai restaurant soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 boeing747

I think Essink Restaurant is great value for money you can get a 3 course meal for 19.95 at any time any night, i think they did this recently, the food is really good. I recently went to the italian and i had the worst pizza ever, i prefer the Kentucky's pizza!
    Anyhow i recommend essink good value for money at these recession times.

I would like to try the Thai restaurant soon.

I have been here quiet a bit too, at first i did not like the place but my girlfriend at the time did so we went a few times. It grew on me a little after that, but the Indian is just unbeatable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

On the flip side, I've been to the Italian twice and it's been great both times, and I haven't been to the Indian in a good while as it was awful on 3 consecutive occasions.

Jumbos is excellent, as mentioned. The takeaway from The Thai place is good, but expensive. I got gone-off salmon with my scrambled eggs when I went to the ex-Ruffles place for breakfast. Not sure how the Black Lamb is lately and the Place above Fitzies bar might be worth a look - the lunchtime fare in the bar is pretty good. The Gallery restaurant/bar is good as well and well run.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The Gallery can be pretty expensive and service is a bit hit and miss at times, what about The Arches? It's nothing fancy but good quality food and they definitely can cater for large groups, i'm craving their garlic bread right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Miss Nell

That review was way too harsh....I've eaten there a few times and I thought it was fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 boeing747

http://www.videospider.tv/Videos/Detail/125371538.aspx

Check out this link farmers market in killavullen its great !

Advertisement