Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Directions Needed

Options
  • 03-06-2009 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am traveling from Sligo to Birr tomorrow.

I just need the directions on how to get from the athlone bypass to the Birr Road.

Last time I was in athlone, i missed a turn and had to go to Moate to turn :(

Could anyone tell me how to get from where I cross the shannon on the old dual carrageway to the Birr road with the new road layout.

Any help will be most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭kimberworth

Not sure how it's signposted but you need the turn off AFTER the turn off for Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

You'll get onto the bypass at the roundabout in front of Ganly's on the Roscommon Road. You get off it when you see the Motorway Ahead signs, the 4th exit after you cross the Shannon.

Once you come off it, there is a small linking section of dual-carriageway that brings you down to Old Dublin Road at Kilmartins (Texaco, McDonalds etc). Head out the Old Dublin Road and keep an eye for the next right hand turn after Michael Moore Car Sales which turns you onto the Birr Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks for those directions.

Made it there and back.

Advertisement