Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to joomla

Options
  • 03-06-2009 4:42pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Hey All,
    I've got a website you can find it in the sig. I've used tables which everyone says is bad for SEO. Also my currently site is difficult to change when the need arises. I want to switch over to joomla to make things easier to edit and ad new stuff.
    I've currently started ranking well for certain phrases. My problem is if i switch I will no longer rank well for these phrases. I'll have to build all that up again.

Anyone got any tips for me while i make the change over. To stay ranking well for these phrases.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gypsy777

You just need to mimic your url structure that you have on your existing site.

This can easily be done if you're familiar with Joomla. Just use the sh4040sef component to get SEF urls.

Or just use your .htaccess to 301 redirect all your current urls to new joomla ones so you dont lose out on your links you have built up.

Advertisement