Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna buy an iPhone

Options
  • 03-06-2009 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Well I have an iPhone 2G that I got from the US about a year ago and I want to get the new iPhone once it's announced at WWDC. My question is, if I buy it with O2 on Bill, what's the process for getting it set up?

If I go in and buy it, and I'm switching over from Vodafone, will I be set up that day? Will I get the iPhone that day or will I have to wait till I'm switched over before I get the iPhone?

+1 Spaghetti cat to whoever answers best :)
    spaghetti_cat_full.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

To answer both your questions, I believe it is no different to any other phone. If they have it in stock - you transfer/purchase as you would any other phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Same position as yourself - waiting to move to O2 from Vodafone for the iphone.

As far as I know - once you order O2 handle the rest (including the porting which ends your contract with vodafone).

I think O2 send you out a new number (and sim) with the iPhone. Once the porting process is complete - your sim then gets transferred to your old Vodafone number.

Somebody that has actually done this might be able to correct me if I am wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Spaghetti Cat for both of you

http://www.spaghetticat.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Spaghetti Cat for both of you

http://www.spaghetticat.com/

And I have something in mind for spaghetti cat.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    And I have something in mind for spaghetti cat.....

Sauce?

• Advertisement
Advertisement