Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy sound - ipod touch

Options
  • 03-06-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, my ipod's sound has gone funny... Initially I thought it was that my headphones were dying, when you bump the headphone connector the sound drops in one ear, like when old headphones break... However, I've tried a few different sets of headphones in my ipod and I've tried my headphones in my brother's ipod and it's definitely my ipod...

I don't have the ipod a year (i got it in november I think...) so will I be covered by warranty? What's the procedure for repairs? Do I send it back and wait weeks for a fix or will it be quick???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Try cleaning out the jack slot first. Sometimes stuff gets in there and interferes with the connection. I had this problem and rotating the jack while it was plugged in helped restore the connection.

If that doesn't work and it actually is broken go here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

This will give you info on your warranty and tell you who to contact.

Advertisement