Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway JSB waiting times.

Options
  • 03-06-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi I have a query about Social Welfare in Galway. I signed on for JSB in February was told because all my documents were in order I would hear in a couple of weeks.
    I heard nothing and tried ringing the office - no answer ever!
    I rang social welfare queries in Dublin and they put me through to the Galway office. They asked me to supply another document and I did this immediately. The officer said she could process this immediately. This was 3 weeks ago and I have heard nothing.
    I know there are long waiting times but is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'd suggest heading back into the office and inquiring as to the status of your application, explaining that you were told 3 weeks ago it would be one more week.

Then, if they still don't have anything for you, visit your community welfare officer and apply for supplementary welfare allowance.

Advertisement