Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 tether, yay or nay?

Options
  • 03-06-2009 11:11am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭

Do we think O2 will let people use the tether feature in the upcoming 3.0? Seen as the data plan is capped it's not as if people will go mad on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Hopefully they will but I'm hoping Apple make tethering easy beacuse it was always a pain in the neck to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Red Alert wrote: »
    Do we think O2 will let people use the tether feature in the upcoming 3.0? Seen as the data plan is capped it's not as if people will go mad on it.

I reckon they will allow it, afaik they do for other phones on a data plan. I asked on the O2 forums ages ago could I take the sim out of my iPhone and put it into a XDA and tether the XDA using the iPhone data allowance and they had no problem with it. I think the reluctance to endorse tethering the iPhone up until now has been down to the fact that you have to jailbreak the iPhone to be able to tether it, not because O2 don't want you to use the data plan for tethering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

TBH, I have not heard anything against it, YET, but if we allow it on other handsets I don't see the reason why we wouldn't allow it on the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

TBH, I have not heard anything against it, YET, but if we allow it on other handsets I don't see the reason why we wouldn't allow it on the iPhone.

Damn. I was hoping for a "You heard it here first, folks" post. :D

Oh well, do keep us informed, Daryll.

Personally, I would be of the same opinion - why wouldn't they. I know AT&T in the US are not allowing it, but I don't see any reason why the European carriers would do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

;) sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

alan4cult wrote: »
    Hopefully they will but I'm hoping Apple make tethering easy beacuse it was always a pain in the neck to set up.

It's extremely easy to set up (Only used on OS X). Plug in and away you go!
    (Bluetooth i had difficulty with!)

Advertisement