Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best deal for getting an ipod touch?

Options
  • 03-06-2009 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I want to get an ipod touch, and want to figure out what the best way to go about doing that is. I'm living in Germany at the moment, and apparently here I can get a 3g 16gb model for around €280, and for an extra €10 I get 2 years guarantee.

I had a quick look on ebay, and there seems to be a lot of 1st gen/2nd gen models available for in the region of €150-€200.

Should I be seeking to get a 3g model, or is there much of a difference between that and the earlier releases?

Basically I want to get the best value out of this purchase, considering price and specs.

Any help would be lovely!
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

iPod Touch or iPhone? Current iPhone is the iPhone 3G, but the iPod Touch is only in its second generation now, which would make it 2G?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Finding deals on Apple stuff is very difficult, they don't seem to let third parties give much discounts. The only way I've managed to get discounts is through their education store or through someone I know who works for them.

You could try buying from the US and take advantage of the currency difference. These guys ship internationally and are pretty reputable: http://www.macmall.com/ttsvr/p/MP3%20Players%20&%20Accessories/product~dpno~7661972~pdp.fahdech

16GB iPod Touch for $274 = €193. Expect to add on a bit for shipping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

whiterebel wrote: »
    iPod Touch or iPhone? Current iPhone is the iPhone 3G, but the iPod Touch is only in its second generation now, which would make it 2G?

It's an ipod touch I want...for some reason I thought they had reached 3g as well.
    mobius42 wrote: »
    Finding deals on Apple stuff is very difficult, they don't seem to let third parties give much discounts. The only way I've managed to get discounts is through their education store or through someone I know who works for them.

You could try buying from the US and take advantage of the currency difference. These guys ship internationally and are pretty reputable: http://www.macmall.com/ttsvr/p/MP3%20Players%20&%20Accessories/product~dpno~7661972~pdp.fahdech

16GB iPod Touch for $274 = €193. Expect to add on a bit for shipping though.

cheers for the link. I was hoping to get some kind of deal with an extended guarantee on the item so if it breaks for whatever reason I can just get a replacement no questions asked.

Advertisement