Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I know if I qualify for rent allowance

Options
  • 03-06-2009 2:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm in a bit of a complicated situation at the moment so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Basically I am wondering if I qualify for rent allowance.
    At the moment I am living with my mother in a local authority house but my mother now wants to give up the house and move in with my grandmother. There is not really enough room for me to move in with my grandmother too so I am hoping to start renting a flat on my own. I am currently receiving carers allowance as my mother is ill at the moment and has a lot of hospital appointments etc which I am bringing her to.

We are both struggling financially as we are both not working and that is the reason we are giving up the house so that we won't have rent expenses etc.

I am just wondering if I could find out if I qualify for rent allowance before I start searching for a flat to rent?

Its a bit of a confusing situation do any comments would be brilliant.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement