Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem deleting Firefox history

Options
  • 02-06-2009 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place.

I moved from my uni apartment back home recently. Every time I move, Firefox forgets what I have set as my homepage, and forgets that I have it set up to delete my history every time I exit.

I moved back, and changed the setting again. Everytime I exit Firefox I am asked if I want to delete my history, and I always click 'yes'.

However, next time I open it, I type "www" in the address bar, and my history pops up. When I go to manually delete my history, there's nothing there!

Can anyone help get my history deleted?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

However, next time I open it, I type "www" in the address bar, and my history pops up. When I go to manually delete my history, there's nothing there!
    It's definitely your history and not a match to those sites you have bookmarked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Try clicking on "Tools" and "clear private data" to clear cache etc.

@Fuzzy
    I understood the OP has checked the "Always clear my private data when I exist firefox" the preference. But when you type in the url FF scans you bookmarks for a match as you type ... I suspect this is what the OP is seeing not the history but the bookmarks!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

croo wrote: »
    @Fuzzy
    I understood the OP has checked the "Always clear my private data when I exist firefox" the preference. But when you type in the url FF scans you bookmarks for a match as you type ... I suspect this is what the OP is seeing not the history but the bookmarks!??
    You are probably correct. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ManoCornuta

It's not just my bookmarks, it's my entire history.

• Advertisement

It's not just my bookmarks, it's my entire history.
    OK. Do you have any plugins installed to sync your firefox settings perhaps? I can tell you when I delete history, it's gone .. it never comes back. The fact that it comes back when you move location perhaps is an indicator that (when the IP changes) it synchronises and restores that info?
    I don't use it, but I think google toolbar does this, i.e. it keeps its own history! It doesn't actually sync but keeps the history online... this is also searched (along with bookmarks & local history) when you type in the url

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ManoCornuta

I haven't installed any additional plugins that weren't there the last few times I've moved. It changes settings every time I move, but usually when I change it back the way I want it, it stays that way.

Advertisement