Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes simply dissappeared??

Options
  • 02-06-2009 9:29pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

i was in the middle of an apple update, iTunes 8.2 to be exact and it came up as succesful etc etc just like it had during all the other updates.

But now when i hit the little short cut in my taskbar on the desktop i get a messege saying This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

so i proceed to click the actual shortcut on the desktop screen and it says iTunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing. please reinstall iTunes.

anybody know what just happened?
    do i need to reinstall it?
    have i lost my music collection?
    what do i need to do?

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

You should be okay to reinstall. From what I remember, iTunes stores it's database file in My Documents somewhere, so back that up before install just in case.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

just to close this thread off and if anybody does a search in the future :D

i downloaded iTunes 8.2 directly from the apple website.
    i installed it and it gave me an option of removing it or repairing it, so i picked the repairing option.

its back up and running now, with all my music intact.

i done a back up to CD before xmas but this has prompted me to do another, so im gona buy some DVD-RW tomorrow and maybe back it up every month from now on.

BTW - thanks lackofcolour

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

No problem, glad you got it sorted out :)

Advertisement