Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My back garden transformation pics

Options
  • 02-06-2009 8:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

From this horrible and overgrown weedy mess :mad:................................

LPIC0135.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_020k0.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg

to this beautifull railway sleeper raised bed back garden complete with water feature :D...................................

100_1454.jpg
    100_1448.jpg
    100_1449.jpg
    100_1447.jpg

All designed and built by my girlfriend who is a hortacultureist and botanist.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i could have done with a loan of her recently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I did NONE of it,all her design and all her work and all done in her spare time too.Shes brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Nice Paddy!

Hang onto her!

Nice Paddy!

Hang onto her!

Ah yeah,shes a keeper allright.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Currahee01

paddy147 wrote: »
    I did NONE of it,all her design and all her work and all done in her spare time too.Shes brilliant.

Looks fantastic Paddy, fair play to your OH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Fair play to her. thats a lovely looking garden :)

And finally,the garden shed fitted this evening.

100_1485.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

very nice garden yo have and not a weed in sight

Pic of the finished garden from above and also the tree fern she bought me at Bloom last weekend.

100_1494.jpg
    100_1492.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Its a vast improvement on the previous layout and well done. But not wishing to be a spoilsport, I would recommend that you look carefully at your planting (space and positions). I think you will need to make some adjustments.

The lapped panels (rear fence) are not correctly installed.

• Advertisement

Its a vast improvement on the previous layout and well done. But not wishing to be a spoilsport, I would recommend that you look carefully at your planting (space and positions). I think you will need to make some adjustments.

The lapped panels (rear fence) are not correctly installed.

Nothing I can do about the panels,and Im not bothered about it,as thats my neighbours wall/fense and its up to him to put that bit right.

Alot of the plants are slow growing and evergreen,and there is space for them to grow,but also we can prun and maintain as needed.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Fantastic transformation paddy. It looks great.

My back garden is pretty much like your original pics at the moment. I'll be starting my own transformation next weekend. I just finished the front garden last weekend. I've a fairly big back garden so won't be doing down the gravel route (I did that in the front anyway with raised beds from scaffold planks). But I'll be doing some raised beds like yours while leaving a lawn area, room for the kids 13' trampoline and a built in bbq. I've a lot of work ahead of me but I'm looking forward to it.

Macros42 wrote: »
    Fantastic transformation paddy. It looks great.

My back garden is pretty much like your original pics at the moment. I'll be starting my own transformation next weekend. I just finished the front garden last weekend. I've a fairly big back garden so won't be doing down the gravel route (I did that in the front anyway with raised beds from scaffold planks). But I'll be doing some raised beds like yours while leaving a lawn area, room for the kids 13' trampoline and a built in bbq. I've a lot of work ahead of me but I'm looking forward to it.

Sounds like you know what you want and have a vision of the outcome.

Hope it goes well for you.:)

hehe - I used the word 'vision' to my OH and she laughed. But she also told me that I've carte blanche to do what I want because I did do a total transformation of the front garden from a weed infested bushy jungle into what has turned out to be a pretty excellent garden (even if I do say so myself). Some neighbours have even commented on it. I am no gardener by any means - I'm really learning as I go. But I'm enjoying it :)

But I do have a vision of the outcome and that vision changes as I think of new ideas. My trip to Bloom gave me some excellent ideas of features for the garden - no room for all of them :D The vision is to have a child friendly garden that looks good and has relaxation space in the sun. We'll see how it turns out :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

nice 1, brilliant job. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

a pretty excellent garden (even if I do say so myself). Some neighbours have even commented on it.

Any pics??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭k123456

tree ferns are fantastic plants, when feeding/watering it, dont forget to water at the crown as well as the base.iuj

k123456 wrote: »
    tree ferns are fantastic plants, when feeding/watering it, dont forget to water at the crown as well as the base.iuj

Thanks,the whole garden,including the tree ferns and other ferns got a good watering tonight.:D

Any pics??

I don't think I've any of jungle period :D I'll take some over the weekend and post.

Advertisement