Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shuttle Buses Saturday Night

Options
  • 02-06-2009 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there will be extra shuttle buses after the Elton John concert on Saturday night?

In Ballsbridge after RDS gigs, they have 5-6 buses put on after a gig to go to the city. Seeing as this is a first for Limerick, will they make a balls of it. I need to get a bus ASAP after the gig.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Thomond Park is within walking distance of the city, its recommended for those driving to park in the city centre and walk. If its as packed as a munster match, you'd probably be quicker walking, traffic moves very slowly on all northside routes heading towards the city when thousands of people are walking along the road

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You can park in the Radisson on the Ennis road(Dual Carraigeway) on the Galway side of the city and get the shuttle bus to the Concert.

I suggest that you do not bother with the shuttle rather park in Dunnes Stores/Woodies on the Ennis road and walk to the Concert which will be at most 15 minutes walk.

I can imagine that being the first concert they will make mistakes and the shuttle may just be one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Thanks guys, I actually go to college in LIT so I know the place inside out and I know how unreliable those shuttle buses actually are. My aunt is collecting me afterwards and I said she could park somewhere near Ivans shop. I could get the bus from Thomond Park to the stop near Centra and that Chinese (Wok King IIRC)...
    Would they have special parking for disability which would just allow her to drive in and collect me?

Oh and I am going to the gig on my own, that's why I want to get the bus so I'm not walking too far on my own...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

you would walk faster!!disabled parking is only for disabled people not for people drving in to collect ya i would hope

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭phog

mars bar wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I actually go to college in LIT so I know the place inside out and I know how unreliable those shuttle buses actually are. My aunt is collecting me afterwards and I said she could park somewhere near Ivans shop. I could get the bus from Thomond Park to the stop near Centra and that Chinese (Wok King IIRC)...
    Would they have special parking for disability which would just allow her to drive in and collect me?

Oh and I am going to the gig on my own, that's why I want to get the bus so I'm not walking too far on my own...

You want to get a shuttle bus from TP to Ivans? :confused:, walk at most it will only take about 10 mins and there should be a fairly decent crowd walking so safety shouldnt be too much of a problem, the concert should end around 10 - 10:30 so it wont be too dark either.

BTW - Disabled parking spots are reserved for use of disabled drivers or their disbaled passengers using the business providing the space not as collect points for concert goers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

did it happen to cross anyone mind that he might be unable to walk that distance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

dunworth1 wrote: »
    did it happen to cross anyone mind that he might be unable to walk that distance

Especially after all the dancing

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

dunworth1 wrote: »

Exactly, did it cross anyones mind he mentioned the disabled space because he was, well maybe, disabled.....I dunno.

Okay Okay! Calm down people...

I am a female and more thankfully, I am not disabled. My aunt is though (she is able to walk but I'm not getting into all of that) and I know for a fact that she would not be comfortable with me walking at any time of night in Limerick no matter how many people are around and she just might attempt in getting out and meeting me so that she'd know I'd be okay. I don't want her to have to do that. That's why I was asking if she would be able to park in the disabled spot.
    I'm thinking maybe walking down to Centra on Old Cratloe Road, security shouldn't be too bad around there should it? It'd help if I knew if they were opening the LIT car park up, then I'd be able to judge the traffic situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Just walk to Ivans, it's not going to kill you. Less than 10 minutes.

Tell your aunt to get real. It's Brookville Avenue, not Baghdad.

It'd take her over an hour to drive from TP to Ivans after the concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

mars bar wrote: »
    and I know for a fact that she would not be comfortable with me walking at any time of night in Limerick

* Sigh

Im sorry you and your Aunt feel that WE will obviously cause you harm irrespective on being in a nice area of the city.

She should park just before the Ford Garage on the dual carraigeway just before the border into Limerick and await your phone call. She will no doubt be safer here. :rolleyes:

Oh come off of it...

I'm not just singling out Limerick, I know it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be but we had a stabbing here in Galway last night where a young lad died. Nowhere is safe anymore...

All I asked was about the buses and would it be mad to drive in?
    I managed to pick out my answers between the jumping in my throat that the buses might not be reliable and that yes, it would be me mad. That's all I needed.

Thank you. :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Hey, don't know what its going to be like on Saturday night, but if the rugby matches are anything to go by the traffic will be crazy. If she does manage to drive in near the stadium, it will take ages to drive back out - everyone could be walking on the road, you will have shuttle buses, ambulances, gardai - the place is crazy.
    If she could get as far as Ivans that would be ok - there will be a big crowd walking down that direction - perhaps if you see a group of girls you could strike up a conversation with them - "the concert was great wasn't it?" etc etc, and then you would have some company walking down?
    I am hoping they are doing shuttle buses from Kilmurry - they are so handy for the rugby matches! Would you not try and get one from the Radisson or whatever hotel does it out that way? They are very reliable for the rugby matches, and you are never hanging around for too long.

Thanks!
    I think I'll walk it to Ivans, don't really want to do that but it looks like I'll have to.
    I like the convo idea though...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

cAr0l wrote: »
    I am hoping they are doing shuttle buses from Kilmurry - they are so handy for the rugby matches! Would you not try and get one from the Radisson or whatever hotel does it out that way? They are very reliable for the rugby matches, and you are never hanging around for too long.

Mike Hynan buses are running from Kilmurry on Saturday for 5 euro return. They start at 4pm and will be every 20 mins. Me and himself will be getting the bus - much handier than trying to park in town. Enjoy the concert when you get there :)

Where is Kilmurry? I know the Caherdavin area quite well and know enough of the city but other than that...I'm a lost cause...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Kilmurry is the other side of the city - its in Castletroy. Its either the Radisson or Two Mile Inn that they go from on the Ennis Road - I can't be too sure which!

Ok, I was thinking that it wasn't Galway side of the city because I think there is a UL student village called Kilmurry...

Thanks!

Advertisement